Sunday evening Sunday evening Sunday evening Sunday evening
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday evening

Default Sunday evening

Decided to make a last min trip to Erie sunday evening. we fished on the north side of the big hump between turtle island and the light, started in 14fow and drifted up on the hump in 11 to 12 fow, had 4 man limit in 1hr and 15 min, fish were eating the jig, had a lot of hits on the way down. water was murky but I thought it was cleaner than last weekend. blue was the best color, then green. all fish came on blades. good luck, Windyeyes.

Nice job! what size and color blade baits do you use. i do well with jigs but have never had any luck with blades. thanks for any help.

Default blades

Sleets, we make our own blades, they are half oz blades. We get everything from netcraft to make them. They are a silver blank, that we basically add colored lure tape to. Normally our best colors have been john deere green or purple but blue seemed the best sunday night.

Default Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Sleets View Post
    Nice job! what size and color blade baits do you use. i do well with jigs but have never had any luck with blades. thanks for any help.
    Not trying to steal your post Windyeyes. Blade baits are my favorite. I use 1/2oz blade baits the colors that have worked for me this year have been chartreuse fire tiger, purple, Blue Shad, and Red and white. I have caught 52 walleye this year 48 on blades 4 on jigs

Panfisher / Windyeyes,

Do you guys tip the blades with minnows? Also I have seen 3 different points on the top of some of these to attach the line any difference from front, middle, back locations?

Looking to come up again this weekend,

Thanks!

Your fine panfisher your not stealing anything. The more we can help each other out, the better off we'll all be. 2Aces no we do not tip our blades with anything, the thing that we have noticed, is that it takes away from the vibration that the blade makes when you jig it up. In fact every time that your blade doesn't seem to be vibrating right if you pull it up there will probably a zebra mussel or the blade if fouled with the line. The blades we use have the 3 holes on them, we have always used the center hole. Good luck this weekend if u go, I too hope to make it over there this weekend.

I have tried many (LOTS!) blade baits and never had any good results. Then a couple yrs ago I tried Capt. Jay's. For me and everyone else I fish with, these really produce. Happy hooker sells them if your over that way. Call him to make sure he has any stock left as he does run out quite often. Here's a pic and where you can order online. The white knight, trey ( clown in both white and yellow bodies) and a silver/purple ( I don't see on the site) have been the best for us.

Thanks to all of you for the help. this is great information. just have 1 more question. do you cast out & reel in the blade, cast & jig blade back to boat, or verticle jig the blade under the boat? thanks guys this is great information.

Hey sleets I tried both the other night, and vertical seemed to work the best, I suggest to try both and see which way works better for that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0MvN4zOew
    Like mentioned you can cast as well, but when in shallow water like 8 to 11 ft. You'll miss more by casting IMHO in dirty water.