Jigging Methods vertical vs casting???? Jigging Methods vertical vs casting???? Jigging Methods vertical vs casting???? Jigging Methods vertical vs casting????

Default Jigging Methods vertical vs casting????

so i am new to fishing the jib and this question came to mind while reading replies on another thread while getting advice from 2ACES and toms1arrom, they were giving advice on the "dixie cup" and i thought i would ask which jigging methods do most ppl perfer or have the best luck and why? and also pros and cons to both? Compairing the methods of vertical jigging to cast jigging i have seen both methods going on. Thanks for any advice and input

Default both

I usually do a little of both. If one doesn't seem to be working real good i'll switch to the other. Also if you have more than one person in the boat which when I go we have multiple guys they will all be jigging so I will try the casting jig. More often than not the amount of fish caught is usually pretty equal with both methods. I also do both so that I don't get tired or bored from one or the other. Good luck

cast jigging seems to work well when in shallow .also we will let out a little more line and jig more at a 45 degree angle sometimes

Question Depends

I would rather Jig.. I like the fact I can feel the line at all times..A guy I fish with likes to cast.. We have been even until Sunday when I got out fished.. It's just a personal preference on how you like to fish.. I use 2 rods when i jig I think 2 baits in the water is better then 1.. But like I said I got out fished Sunday by someone casting... Either way just find what works for you and stick with it.. I don't thing that theirs a right or wrong way to catch fish,just find what works for you...
    LOWE LIFE