boat size help and lake advice boat size help and lake advice boat size help and lake advice boat size help and lake advice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default boat size help and lake advice

hey everyone im farely new to the site and need some advice on the lake. i am wanting to try for some walleye and have a smaller boat that we mainly use for local lakes around here in mansfield. i have a 17 foot crestliner with a 9hp motor. is there anywhere close to shore that would be good for jigging for walleye that would be safe in a smaller boat. preferably between toledo and davis besse. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thank you and good fishing....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    hey everyone im farely new to the site and need some advice on the lake. i am wanting to try for some walleye and have a smaller boat that we mainly use for local lakes around here in mansfield. i have a 17 foot crestliner with a 9hp motor. is there anywhere close to shore that would be good for jigging for walleye that would be safe in a smaller boat. preferably between toledo and davis besse. any help would be GREATLY appreciated. thank you and good fishing....
    Had a buddy catch a couple limits half mile out from bessie this week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    If you go out of Wild Wings you only have to go less then 2mi right now.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 16 ft. boat and take it all over the place on lake erie. you just have to be aware of the weather, especially the wind. if its calm out you shouldnt have any trouble. just watch for wake from larger boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default herefishy

good to see somebody close I live in galion I dont know if you have ever fished willard res but there are some good walleye in there if you dont want to take your boat to erie but chillin is right you can go anywhere you just have to watch the weather erie can get nasty quick.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that now is an excellent time, I have seen small john boats out within a mile catching walleye jigging. How ever conditions can change so quick that I would not suggest going to far with a 9 hp. Just looking out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boats

I have a 22 ft Penn Yan that's great for walleye on lake erie..I have a 12ft row boat with a 1958 10hp Johnson on it that we use for Island hopping and perch fishing.. I love my Lil boat runs great very low maintence take the motor off flip it oveer and it's ready for winter.. like everyone said just look at the weather very carefully the lake can and will take your life at any moment. Don't go out if theirs a possibilty of a storm.If you see one on the horizen get off of it..Any boat can be taken out on the lake and be sucessful at catching fish.I won a perch dreby in mine a few years ago. No fish is worth drying for, Just be smart and you'll be fine.. Best of luck and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE