Between turtle light and island Between turtle light and island Between turtle light and island Between turtle light and island

Default Between turtle light and island

Fished between turtle light and the island on the north side of the pack today, caught a 4 man limit, and lost just as many probably more. It took us about 4 hrs to get them. All of our fish were caught in 10-12 fow mainly 11fow was our best depth, we caught them all on blades, silver was the best color, then john deere green. We tried to stay away from the big pack of boats. Good luck to all

Default Same Place

We got a 3 man limit in 2 hrs fishing in the same area..Same thing we have been doing, MNothing fancy just jiggin and castin..

Default missing fish

Hey Lowe Life I was just wondering if u are missing alot of fish? We had many hits and misses, we also had some that were on and got off, which some may have been foul hooked. We only make it over there once a week if we can so I was curious if that is the reason we miss so many bites or if it is really common even with the fishermen that are over there more? (being a feel and reaction thing) Apprieciate any imput.

Blog Entries

Thanks Lowe Life for letting us know the bite was on between harbor light and turtle island. I fished Sunday 25th but couldn't find 13' to 15' of water between the two. Fished around and finally started to catch fish in 11' of water. Ended up with 14 fish for three guys took all day to do it. John deere green with green plastic and minnow. Green white orange jig (I call clown) with Pink and White body and minnow was best.

Default Missed fish

Yep we miss ALOT of fish..Just part of the game we do snag a few but we let them go not worth the time and the ticket... Theirs plenty of fish bitting to worry about a fish that got snagged..You can tell usally in the first few seconds if its snagged they fight like hell feels like you have the Monster on and its a 3lb jax...lol..I have been getting most of my bites on the drop I keep my line tight on the way down so I know when I get a hit.. Now is the time to be fishing,I'm layed off right now so fishing is a everyday thing. I dont troll so this time of year is my only chance to get on the fish and fill a freezer.. I'm glad to know that you all appriciate these posts we all make. It's a good feelin when you can help someone get on some fish.. Keep it up and I'll let you know how we do ..Good luck and be safe..
    LOWE LIFE

Default harbor light?

i am wondering where you guys are fishing. im not sure what harbor light you guys are talking about and where turtle island is. i dont do much trolling either and would love to fill the freezer also so any info i can get will be much appreciated. thanx and good luck

FishOn, the light is the Toledo light, big brown gorgeous brick structure with a repetitive fog horn, marking the W side of the ditch. Turtle Island is E of the light approx. 2-3 miles. There is a series of humps & some structure from spoils, current, etc. It will shallow up to 7' as you get closer to the Island, did well there yesterday in 9' of water W of the pack, hope this helps. Skyy's

Sorry, Turtle island is W of the light!

Turtle Island 41 45 15 83 23 47
    Light 41 45 70 83 19 70