Crushed Them Crushed Them Crushed Them Crushed Them
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Crushed Them

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Crushed Them

Thursday was HOT... We got a 3 man limit in under 1.5hr.. Fished between Turtle Island and the Harbor light and the just to the North a bit. 1 drift 6 fish. I jig my friends casts and we have both been putting fish in the boat.. 13FOW pink/white jigs have been Hot and bright green jig with a twister tail have been putting the most fish in the boat.. Got a few on Purple to.. Another boat we fish with had the same results. Their out their go get'em boys..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Good job . Were your jigs tipped with minnows? Weather permitting hope to sneak out there this evening or this weekend,,thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnows?

Sorry I forgot to mention that we were Not using minnows... We went out today about 10 and had our 2 man limit by noon. Same thing as before didn't change anything.. Lots of fish to be had..Good luck and leave a few for me..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Good job!

I guess the jiggin thing isn't for me. I must not have the right technique. We only caught 6 fish today in 6 hours. near crib reef. Saw others netting. I guess I need to stick to harnesses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyecrazy..

I jig with 2 poles. I set my line so the rod tip is about a foot above the water when the line goes slack then I pull 1 rod up and the other hits the bottom so all the time theirs a jig on the bottom while the other is up.. It works for me It's kinda hard to get used to but when you do I'm like a machine 1 up 1 down I keep the rod tip close to the water so I can get a better set on the fish..

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigging

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Good job!

I guess the jiggin thing isn't for me. I must not have the right technique. We only caught 6 fish today in 6 hours. near crib reef. Saw others netting. I guess I need to stick to harnesses.
    Jigging is something not to get frustrated with. There is a knack to it but take a look at your line and rod. Good quality line and rod can make a diff. Walleye hit the jig normally on the drop. Line watching on a calm day like we have had lately. Try jig color changes, change how high you lift your rod, how fast or slow you lift. Big minnows this early in spring seem better. Cast ahead of the drift and try to keep the jig near the same area as the boat moves over the spot the jig touched bottom. This early in the spring I usually start in tight to shore and work my way out to I get a pattern going. Jigging is an easy way to fish but it takes feel in the hand.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jigging

Very well said Greg.
    It's an art that with a little practice anyone can do it..I use 2 rods when I jig and have been very successful at it...Just give it some time and pratice it will pay off for you..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limit

Got a 3 man limit in 2 hrs today..It was too nice of a day not to go.. Same place from 2 -4 we were done havent moved cause fishing is good..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys. I can't wait to try it again...2 1/2 hour drive for me, maybe next weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Eyecrazy

Glad we could help you get on the fish...get back over here this weekend don't know how long this is gonna last..
    LOWE LIFE