I Need a little help I Need a little help I Need a little help I Need a little help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Need a little help

My problem is I need to buy a drift sock but I would like little help with what size to buy I have a 1976 22' sea ray when I drift the bow of the boat wants to swing a little to much and makes it hard to get boat to drift strate I don't do any trolling so I was thinking a 15" sock might do the trick any help would be great thanks

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds way to small. I think you might want To try something in the mid 30" to 40"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift sock

I'm not sure on the exact size I have but I got the biggest one I could find..I have a 22ft Penn Yan and on days like yesterday we were still moveing too fast.. My advice is to go big.. I would of used 2 if I had another with me..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drift sock

what I do is tie a rope from the back dock lock to the rail or something up front, run the rope threw the loop of the sock, keep the rope from front kind of tight so it runs along your boat with out a big bow in it then slide the sock up or down the rope to keep your boat strait, if the bow swings into the wind then slide the sock towards the front, or if the back is headed into the wind slide it towards the back, you will find that you may have to adjust a few times till you get it so that it suits your drift. Hope this helps. I use 30 or 40 inch bag with 22ft sea ray.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank for the help going to get a sock today to give it a try