How long will the jig bite last How long will the jig bite last How long will the jig bite last How long will the jig bite last
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long will the jig bite last

With this early warm weather, how long will the jig bite last. I dont have a trip planned until 2nd week in april

Post Thanks / Like

Default jigging

Quote Originally Posted by indyfisher View Post
    With this early warm weather, how long will the jig bite last. I dont have a trip planned until 2nd week in april
    The jig bite this year may last awhile. The peak walleye spawn temp is 47. Jigging normally lasts into first week of May. Normally mid April is peak, mother nature has thrown another curve with warm weather this early. I think this is a pre-spawn bite going on now and if the weather cools off as it being early spring, the bite will hopefully be good through April for jigging. The warmer the water gets the more you can fish a plain jig. Early to mid spring they like meat on the hook, some days it doesnt matter. You never know if the minnow comes off and the walleye take it with or without bait. I didnt use live bait that much last year but did more the year before. Say, the first weekend in May, no bait or maybe a pc of worm. Jig bite is good till about 54 degree water temp.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Well if it slows down at 54 degress then why did limit yesterday in a hour? I had almost 60 for water temp in 11 foot of water. I also could have limited out on the sheepys and white bass. From my experiance once the sheeps head and white bass start getting thick the jig bite is almost over??????? But this year is a totally diff kind of spring so who know for sure. Would like some other opinions. I sure hope it last as long as usually but im sure it will be done sooner than a normal year due to early warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the spawn is very close. Might get one more week or so.