Silver Bass Silver Bass Silver Bass Silver Bass

Thread: Silver Bass

rbrown286 Guest

Default Silver Bass

Does anyone know about the Silver Bass. Are they in season now? Can I keep them? Do I want to eat them? How long are they here for? Do they chase the Walleye out while here? Any anwers would be great. Thanks

Silver Bass are more comonly known as White bass. Northerners typically refer to them as Silver. They are good to eat. Best if kept ice cold and eaten that day. You can gut them when you catch them and they will be even better. I don't like them when they have been frozen but I do when fresh. They are great for a big fish fry. I am not aware of any closed season, size limit, bag limit etc. Check your local regs. It should be under White Bass. They are farther down the food chain than Walleye. I've never heard of them running Walleye off. They do consume alot of bait however. Give them a try

Default white bass

they are in the lake down here where i live to heavy from 1 of july to about augt the can be fun they hit top water you can use minnow under bobber about 1 to 1.5 ' at night use lantern to bring in bate fish over side of boat but no they dont chase off eye we get the eyes right along with the white bass the way i just said yes they are good to eat i have had they a lot if you would like to try the whites down here contact me on here and i can to try setup a little try for you bring a big cooler when you do get them you get alot

Default White Bass

Follow spoontang's directions and they are excellent eating. Try scaling, gilling and gutting them, then making a few small slits on each side and rubbing them with your favorite rub ( I like Jamican Jerk) then grilling them over hot coals. A few cold brews, some rice and slaw and it's my favorite way to end a day on Lake Erie. With the abundance of perch and walleye we all here are spoiled and overlook other sporting (and fine eating) fish.