Michigan waters jigging report Michigan waters jigging report Michigan waters jigging report Michigan waters jigging report

Default Michigan waters jigging report

Went out of Luna Pier city dock yesterday. Headed out to the humps off of Turtle island, you could of walked on the water, very dirty. Headed north down the line, found cleaner water East of Bolles 22ft of water, not a hit. Moved into the dump out from Toledo Beach 14' of water @ 11 am, caught 9 nice males in a hour, wind died & then turned East, it was like flippin a switch. Water was dirty, but they were hammering Hair Jigs tipped with half a crawler. Fish were between 21" & 25". Had a GREAT St. Pattys Day! Steve

Thanks for the report Skyys. Did you happen to get a water temp reading out from Toledo Beach?

Sorry I did not, we were in my buddies boat & that info is not available with his electronics. I would GUESS around 40?

Sweet I was at turtle creek and we struggled. We had three people in my boat and we only got 6 fish and lost another 6 fish. Had some friends up there and they did well all limited out.

furlough Guest

I fish out of Michigan Waters as well. Trying out the jigging this year. Do you cast and bounce off the bottom or vertical jig? Any Michigan areas that are good to start? Any infor would be greatly appreciated.

Furlough, we we were casting out 90 degrees, reeling & jigging until jig was behind the boat, you dont need to get vertical. Did well with jigs ,5/8 ounce, behind boat & doing a hand line motion with the pole like you would use in the river. I will be back out Tuesday & Wednesday. I will be on 84, going to start up by Stoney point trolling, if no action I will be where I was yesterday jigging, I wont have my boat in until 4-15, call Skyys the Limit on our new channel 84. I will answer.
    See you out there, Steve

Default New channel

Just to let u guys know channel 84 didn't work, so they switched the channel to 71. Look at the new postings in the Radio ideas thread. Also thanks for the michigan report. Good luck tue and wed let us know how u do Skyys.

Got it #84 is out, #71 is in, Thanks Windyeyes