the reef rules the reef rules the reef rules the reef rules
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: the reef rules

Post Thanks / Like

Default the reef rules

fished friday out of fenwick's stayed close to the shore 10-11 fow and limited out in 2 hours. jiggin purple hair and minnows.now today was a different story fish same spot but had to move into 8 fow. and only caught 1 fish in 2 hours..500 boats were doing the same thing, felt like fishin in the river! had all i can take of that so we went back out to the reefs were we fished on wed.as soon as we stopped ,fish on. caught 11 20+ males to fill our tickets in 2 hours.wish we would have went straight there.25 fow clear blue water no boats.lots of fish and sun...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, droppin the boat in on Tues., will be the all week. Give me a shout if your out there. (Daddyhags on CH-9

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. I'm jealous!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there yesterday also. I struggled also up shallow. We only managed 6 fish all day. I didn't run to the reefs wish I would of now. Congrats on getting your limit.

Post Thanks / Like

Default limits big fish

was at the public ramp at metzgers painting my dock poles at ccyc and the parking lot was full there was trucks and trailers parked on the side of road. as the boats come in they had limits of nice eyes off crane creek. there was a big pack of boats there. asked them as they came in if they got a limit they were all smiles. out of around 30 boats only a couple had did not have a limit mostly jiggin. one buddy did both and he trolled reef runners in 25 ft of water and he had some 10 pound fish.fish were on and the size was 3-6 pounds mostly males

Post Thanks / Like

We were out lastnight, purple haired jig tip with large minnow in front of the Locust Point 2 fish, moved to Crane Creek Beach 12 fow again 2 fish , than tried Blade bait at 6:30 PM first cast fish, we all switched to Blades and 45 minutes later we had 20.....

Both Water Craft and The DNR were waiting dock side at Turtle Creek Ramp and checking everybody....

We had no issues but many did.... Doubble trips and over limit... safety equipment violations etc...

when we were cleaning our fish saw many Egg sacks in the trough... made me sick that people are keeping the females for eating... I can understand if they got the big one and wanted to mount it but in my opinion there is no reason to clean a female full of eggs...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captain tacky View Post
    in my opinion there is no reason to clean a female full of eggs...
    Why? The 3 to 5 lbers produce the very best eggs period! If you wanted a child you would NOT pick a 40 or 50 or 60 yr old woman. You'd go after a 20 yr old! ( I'd say younger but were talking fish) Those are the best eggs with the most ablity to produce! BESIDES, If you bought your lic. Take the fish you caught legally! Really How many folks get out everyday and catch a limit! The netter's take WAY more than the folks who pay for fishing lic!!!! That's MY opinion.
    Lake Erie where a good one feeds 4

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I understand what you are saying! If I had to drive hours and I got the big one I would want to keep it also... I am very fortunate to be able to decide at 3PM at school to meet at the boat at 4PM ... just that I grew up 1 mile from the lake and have fished it for 40 plus years and have always been able to get enough for my freezer ... I never liked eating the big ones only the firm petite ones for me!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default save the women and children

yes...if you have a low freezer or an empty spot on the wall ,yes by all means keep them big ol' hormone filled females.but if you've been out a few times and you have some food for you fam. spare the women and children...please