Perch Perch Perch Perch
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Perch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Last year was my first year concentrating on perch. Can't wait to get started on the perch this year. Does anyone focus on them prespawn, during spawn and post spawn?. Would you share what depth locations seem to be best during each phase of the spawn? I fish out of sterling state park mostly. Thanks facer77

Post Thanks / Like

I can't help you over that way but if you ever get over to the Island area let me know and i will give you good numbers for a quick limit of spring perch..

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Quote Originally Posted by facer77 View Post
    Last year was my first year concentrating on perch. Can't wait to get started on the perch this year. Does anyone focus on them prespawn, during spawn and post spawn?. Would you share what depth locations seem to be best during each phase of the spawn? I fish out of sterling state park mostly. Thanks facer77
    Spring 2011 there was a good bite during May in the deep flat just north of West Sister Isl. A good bite started in June just of the north edges of the reef and lasted all year. Spring perch may be popular this year after all the huge class perch we took last year. Lots of nice size perch to be taken.
    Take worms and some minnows on your trips on Erie this spring to make the best of your gas and the day.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default capts greg and jim

Thanks for the advice. Jim what kind of depth are those spring perch in near the islands? reefs? Thanks I may come over that way. Have a great day all. facer77

Post Thanks / Like

We do the spring Walleye Jig and will anchor once we get our limit just outside of the drifting boats cut our shinners in half and normally do well on perch if in clean water... normally do better in the Bay near the Light House since we are at Meinke West we can either go to the Reef areas or the Bay...

after the Spring Bite we do concentrate on perch in recent years would much rather catch 25 perch than 3 walleye on average drifting on any given day. .... normally around A -B cans and a favorite spot 19 feet of water off Metzger Marsh Pier that is usually hot spot . sometimes need to move couple of times to find them... but with the price of gas my 27' boat with a 454 in it we try not to venture as far as the Island....

We fish most weekends and some during the week if you will monitor Channel 84 I would be glad to share our location and how we are doing...

I have fished the Lake 50 plus years and seem to have our favorite spots as many do....

Captain Tacky

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Going to try to make a week in may to Erie out of west harb. Anyone have any ideal where
    Good perch action would be don't get to make it to Erie much. 4 hours away suck. Thanks for any info.