Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reef Complex Report

Got out yesterday (Tuesday) and started off D Can. Alot of fish there but inactive. Trolled up to C Can and edge of Niagara Reef with no luck. Moved over to south side of B Can and found the fish. There were more fish off B Can area and more bait balls vs. D to C Cans. We ended up 7 for 9. The winds picked up out of Northeast and we could not control boat speed (2' to 3's with 4' rogues). Day started out with bath water smooth. Shoulda Woulda Coulda started there earlier and had our limits I'm sure. Oh well? Back to 4 fish each now. Same program as before. Wonder Bread Reef Runners and the new Hot Tiger Rapala lures.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, seems they are still hanging around B, wondering if you tried the red hot tiger rr 800?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Red Hot Tiger RR 800

Have not tried them but will. Seems a lot of folks are using them also.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, i recently just joined and i read your report. I have never fished this early in the season and am planning on comming up this weekend and fishing for four days. In what depth of water were you trolling in? Do the walleye suspend off of the bottom much or are they just laying on it? When trolling at slower speeds does your reef runner get down close to the bottom by itself or do you have to pull jetdivers? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, rkist82

Post Thanks / Like

Default reef complex

I was curious about the post you had trolling reef runners 80' back. When you're trolling at .8-1 at 80' back from the boat with the reef runner 800s are they able to get close to the bottom by itself or do you have to pull jet divers with them? What's the average depth that you were trolling in? They walleye you're catching do they seem to be suspended at all or are they right on the bottom? I would appreciate any help! I have never fished this early in the year before. A couple of us will be comming up this weekend for four days of fishing from cincinnati. Thanks again for the post & look forward to your reply. rkist82