Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report Reef Complex Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Reef Complex Report

Although B Can produced monday. On thursday we went to D Can and got our 2 man limit. We trolled .8 to 1.0 with Wonder Bread Reef Runners 80 back and Hot Firetiger Rapalas being the dominant producers. We use 10lb Mono with flourocarbon leaders. My buddy took a friend from Cleveland there today and they got 11 among 3 guys jigging. 2 on Wonder Bread Vibe E, 8 on Buckshot (Gold), and 1 on a swedish pimple. Looks like it will be tuesday before the next opportunity to get out again.

Good Luck and Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice report Jig!!!

A friend of mine said he thought he read that there was going to be a reduction in the limit this year, he read it in the PA. OutDoor life paper. I was wondering if any of you guys heard this yet? or did he get confused, which wouldn't suprise me, sometimes he reads one thing and interpets another.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pap View Post
    A friend of mine said he thought he read that there was going to be a reduction in the limit this year, he read it in the PA. OutDoor life paper. I was wondering if any of you guys heard this yet? or did he get confused, which wouldn't suprise me, sometimes he reads one thing and interpets another.
    The Great Lakes Fishery Commission will meet sometime in March, it consists of a bi-national board of fishery managers from Michigan, New York, Ohio, Ontario, and Pennsylvania. They will determine what the total allowable catch (TAC) will be based upon the best science currently available to them. Those numbers will be released in late March or early April and those numbers will then be divided up between the different jursidictions that makeup The Great Lakes Fishery Commission and the 2012 bag limits will be set from those numbers by each jurisdiction. So it will probably be mid to late April before we will know what the 2012 bag limit will be for Ohio.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip