Gas prices Gas prices Gas prices Gas prices
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas prices

Are they going to put a dent into your boating/fishing? I plan on buying a new (well...new to me!) 28' or larger fishing boat for this season. It pains me to admit I have thought about reconsidering and keeping my little 21' foot boat that sips gas.

Post Thanks / Like

bought a 27 sport last year had a 23. Have 350 EFI in the 27 vs 302 2V in the 23. Gas usage is real close. If you get a different boat get an EFI engine

Post Thanks / Like

got a 27 sport last year with 350 EFI Had a 23 with 302 2V. Gas usage is the about the same. Make sure if you get a different boat it has a n EFI engine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Are they going to put a dent into your boating/fishing? I plan on buying a new (well...new to me!) 28' or larger fishing boat for this season. It pains me to admit I have thought about reconsidering and keeping my little 21' foot boat that sips gas.
    im' afraid the recent oil prices will be with us this summer and gas will be a factor on how far i run vs. the quality of fish i catch from one area to another.
    for starters, luckily i topped it off this past winter so i will run from huron to crib reef the first time out
    im 'sure the charters will feel this impact and prices will climb
    there is nothing cheaper that has more energy than fossil fuels. when these prices climb for whatever reason, it impacts every one in everything we purchase.
    running a 6,000 pound craft 20 knots or against erie's heavy waters will get expensive. we will have to pay to play!.........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas

As they say you have to pay to play.. I dock in the Lost Peninsula Marina and this year people who dock their are supposta get gas at cost...Whatever they pay we pay. Which sounds like a pretty sweet deal when you have 2 boats...But even if we have to pay full price? I'll deal with it..I'm a boater and gas prices will never keep me from being just that..
    LOWE LIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Definitely for my wife and I. as did the last couple years. being laid off so many times and having to find different jobs ( still looking as of right now). But it won't stop us from going. The weather is our decision if we go or not and how far we'll travel to fish. We used to go to Holiday Village quite a few times a year ( great folks there), we only made it once last year. We don't vacation other than that. Any weekend we can at least make brestbay we go. Hit the lotto and were fishin any day/week/time we want!!! And a new boat too!

Post Thanks / Like

Gas prices will make channel 84 all that much more valuable to the members of this site and those that lurk here for information! We can make this a successful year and as painlesss as possible with current up to the min. information via radio and internet! We must all try to work together on this wonderful idea thought up by Gettin Jiggy!
    Thank you Gettin Jiggy !!!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Gas prices will make channel 84 all that much more valuable to the members of this site and those that lurk here for information! We can make this a successful year and as painlesss as possible with current up to the min. information via radio and internet! We must all try to work together on this wonderful idea thought up by Gettin Jiggy!
    Thank you Gettin Jiggy !!!
    I didn't think about that, but you're exactly right!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default whats chanel 84

Question whats the chanel 84 idea?

Post Thanks / Like