Gas prices Gas prices Gas prices Gas prices
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default gas prices!!!

the gas prices will impact all of us, wether you live on or near the lake, those of us that have to tow hundreds of miles to get there will have to think twice about it. The charters will really feel the pain!! If alot of people can't aford it this will impact the whole system, from the room rentels to the bait shops,so the channel 84 is a great idea!! if we don't have to run all over the lake to find fish, the locals know right were to go but us out of staters will benifit from this program!! I'm trying to get 4 guys to come out for a week in early june but I keep getting the same answer (what about the fuel cost?) so I see the thought of many peoples thoughts already and it's just getting started, lets hope something breaks and all this is just a bad dream. Till then tight lines to all, be safe PAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

If the gas gets above $4 a gallon at the gas stations then it will probably be at or near $5 at the marina's. I run out of West harbour and the gas at Fox Haven was the cheapest last year. My Sportcraft 230 Fisherman is pretty economical but I will probably do more drifting than trolling. Being retired and on a fixed income makes it a little harder but I have enough family and friends
    to go along and help on the gas. Im at the campground 95% of the time from April 1st to Oct. 31 so that saves. Even at that I live only 45 miles away. I will do most of my fishing around the islands and will let everyone know how I do on channel 84. Good luck to everyone this year.

Post Thanks / Like

The Channel 84 sounds great!!!! Count me in as well. If i can save time chasing the eyes that will help all if the gas really gets that high. Hope i can put some of you on fish when i find them. I usually fish north of Kellys and off the shouls. Hope to hear good reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

I am new to the site but have watched it a lot last year. I come out from IL 3or 4 times a year for the last 10 years and stay in a condo in WW. The gas is going to hurt but the great fishing will ease the pain. For someone like myself
    channel 84 is a great idea and will save fuel. I will post reports nightly when I am up there and when I get on fish channel 84 will know.
    Thanks for all your help
    FL

Post Thanks / Like

Default lost peninsula

wow hope they do charge at cost. i have been looking at docking there. more of an incentive to dock there.... plus save 10 min no wake driving from the other marina,s

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gas Prices

The gas prices will for sure hurt my fishing efforts. I was lucky enough 2 years ago to get a 19ft deep V Celebrity w/ 305 v-8. Came totallty equiped for $1500. It was my life long dream to get an Erie boat. Between gas in the tow vehicle, boat, ice, bait, pretzel rods, and pop, a fishing trip for me is about half a weeks wages. I'de be a lucky guy to get out more than once a month. With that said, The channel 84 idea is just what fisherman like me need. That could get guys like me an extra trip or two out on the lake on the gas savings. I have been on Erie since I was 8, fishing off my grandpa's boat. If I'm lucky enough to get on fish I will for sure be on the horn to anyone looking for help. Spring time I usually put in at Cullen Park, with the summer thru fall putting in at Meinke's West. Good luck everyone this season !!

Post Thanks / Like

I have viewed this site since its begining and now have begun to post.. , I to am concerened about the price of gas but it is the price we pay to have a boat..... mine is a 270 Sportcraft Offshore with a 454 in it....

I fish out of Meinke West. During the spring jig than will switch to perch around July 1, normally do not fish in the packs Have what you could say grew up on the lake and have my favorite hot spots that we normally do as well if not better than others I hear currently on Ch 72.. so if we get into them I would be glad to share my location on 84...

Capt. Tacky

Post Thanks / Like

It's crazy. Seems like the economy is starting to turn and we hear good news then gas goes back up again. If the economy wants to truly recover then gas prices have to be kept under control. Unfortunately, no one has a quick fix and we are stuck with what other countries want us to pay. It will affect me not so much on the boat bc I have a 4 stroke yamaha that sips the fuel. My impact will be the 2 1/2 hour drive to where I keep the boat with my haul truck to get to the boat and drop it in. This is what happens when we send all of our jobs out of this country and rely on every other country for our goods and services. If there is ever another world war we are so screwed!! We make nothing ourselves anymore. Hey you asked!! I vented!!

Post Thanks / Like

We travel 8 hrs each way 3 times a year and the gas prices hurt us last year. I just love the lake for Walleye and Smallies,but if prices climb above $4-$5 per gallon I might have to reconsider Me and my buddy make good money but it just stings to pay big oil companys. I'll pray for lower gas for all of us even if we done make it this year. Tight lines all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default OLD GUY'S on fixed income!!!

I agree with you boonie, we travel about the same distance, but the trouble is the 3 other guys I fish with are all retired, they came up with a good idea,just come without my boat, and just charter for a couple of days not the same as fishing from your own boat, but at least we would get away for a week on OL'ERIE just a thought for now?