Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. There's not alot of room from shore. A small boat is perfect. We found that the bite is very light so once you feel it set the hook. the cove is not that big either so the boats are right on top of each other. If you can get in there early its well worth it. You will enjoy what that liitle area can do as far as hooking into monster eyes.I would start with that area around the first of the month and keep on it as much as you can. Once they are there they stay till the normal patterns start.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Any of the dredging humps off of the channel have been producing fish for my family and friends for many years now. Dusk fishing is always the best.
    Walleye are very structure oriented fish this time of year. They will hold on the slightest change in depth.

**You must control your boat precisely**

Using an anchor or wind sock to hold your position is a good tactic once you have found them on your sonar.
    The bite is Very Light.
    Go slowwww. Year after year I see fisherman trying way too hard. The fish are not chasing fast moving objects it is too damn cold!
    We use hair jugs with stingers. Remember, if you are using stingers, you must be outside the line between Turtle Island and Little Cedar point per the DNR.