winter fishing winter fishing winter fishing winter fishing

Thread: winter fishing

Smile winter fishing

tried to post last night but it didnt take.Years ago, I think 95 or96 ther was no ice.Had been going ice fishing out at put in bay every year before and was very disappointed, until I found out that people wereputting thier boats in and using ice fishing gear and catching fish.So I talked a couple of buddies into trying it and we drove up from southeast of dayton with my little 17 foot aluminum GIII bass boat give it a whirl. We put in @ mazurik and headed out with vexilar, a bucket of half dead shiners and shorty rods and ice jigs. I caught my biggest eye ever that day on a blue and silver swedish pimple.
    So any ways,I was wondering if the ramps are open and if anyone has been able to get out. Also has anyone been trying for steelhead in the vermillion.We having a very mild winter and cabin fever is starting to take its toll. please post with any pertinent info.I know some of you locals know what kind of shape the ramps are in.
    thanks, Agent H

I am not a local but have herd of guys launching out of fenwick at turtle creek. I plan on being out there on sat around 7am. A guy I know that lives in the area went out yesterday with 3 others and put 15 in the boat on cone reef. Good luck and be safe