planer boards planer boards planer boards planer boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: planer boards

Default planer boards

Hi new member here. looking for info on big boards, pros cons on different makes would be appreciated thanks BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Hi new member here. looking for info on big boards, pros cons on different makes would be appreciated thanks BigDan
    I would stay away from all the big name manufacturer's boards (Riveria, Big Jon, walker, maybe a couple of more)their mast systems and planer reels are ok though but their boards are just 2 lite and ride back behind your boat and they don't turn well either, they also allow your tow line to get in the water which is not good as that causes alot of false releases and makes it harder for your releases to slide down the tow line. The more lines that you will be running off your boards the harder the boards need to pull as the extra drag of fishing lines cause the boards to slide back (lag behind) and the harder pulling boards counter that somewhat.

Good boards to consider would be those made by Amish Outfitters, Aurora Lites or custom make your own, PM me if you want free plans to build your own. There is nothing magical to making planer boards the hard part is getting the tow line attachment bolt in the right spot and the compound angles cut on the lead edge.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Smile planer boards

we tryed maney types of big boards, the best we have found is
    from skipper nine eye hunter charters, have weighs built in and are perfectly balanced he is on this site, you can turn the boat on a dime
    with no tangle lines. Wayne Reel Sport Charters

I can send you pictures of them. Or I can sell you a set at cost. Around $150. You will not he disappointed.

Unhappy Don't buy the store bought boards!!!!

I bought the double bladed ones,dont remember the name there are yellow if that helps. I run four lines off both sides and they are terrible! I have a 22ft boat with the mast mounted on the bow,4ft mast I run the boards out 40ft and the darn things are 10ft behind the boat. To turn around you almost need the hole lake. If I run deep divers and there is about two foot rollers the line catches the rollers and some times flips the boards, that really rattles my chain! I see other guys with double boards they have no problems,boards are almost strait out from their boat with more lines out than I have. I would buy skipper9 boards or make my own, if you can turn around on a dime with those other boards. I'm very disapointed with mine. I paid well over 100$ for mine I would put another 30-40 bucks out to have a real set of boards!

I can run 8 tru trip 50 divers off each side with out any problems...

Default planner boards

Thanks guys for the info. skipper9 do you have contact # your boards sound like what iam looking for. BigDan

Thanks guys for the info. skipper9 do you have contact # your boards sound like what iam looking for. BigDan

Default Skipper9 boards!!

I would like to purches two of your boards also, but it would have to be towards spring, I still don't have my engine back together, funds are low,as this hunk of iron keeps throwing me a curve ball, how can a small block chevy have so many ailments? warped heads cracked intake,torn water baffels,on&on O'well life goes on. With no ice on the water here in pa, I should be able to test her out on the lake soon? The brown trout season will be here before I know it, that means the trolling will begin in the shallows of Onterio!!! If you could give me your # skipper I will buy a set of your boards. Thanks PAP from PA.

what about in line boards ..?