christmas wish christmas wish christmas wish christmas wish
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: christmas wish

Post Thanks / Like

Default christmas wish

my old sportcraft is in the shop getting new stringers. i will probally rebuild engine next year.had scottswaterbed [name of my boat] since 1984 so thats 28 years now good boat with lots of memorys. be fishing in april. called happydays and the price of a new 27 ft sportcraft starts at 110.000 wow i got to keep my old one.so im wishing for a very good jig season this year. with the weather being sunny with a 2 ft chop 10 -15 miles of southwest winds and clear water lots of walleyes and some 70 degree days. also have a christmas wish for less algie and smaller gas prices and bigger fish.im ready. merry christmas and happy new years to all my walleye.com friends and may limits be in all our futures.and for my last wish it would be for the fish stocks to return to the population of the 1980s. does anybody remember the walleye limit of 10 and no limit of perch fishing till the bait ran out 2 miles from shore around the intake was a very hot spot.wishing i was sitting on the back of my boat catching fish like we used to. happy holidays

Post Thanks / Like

"does anybody remember the walleye limit of 10 and no limit of perch fishing "

you bet I do!! can only hope those days return. as far as the weather... if they use this year's wind as a standard, 15 to 20 mph winds will be called "light and veriable"

Post Thanks / Like

Default quiz

who can tell me when was the last time 10 walleye was the limit. and how about perch when was the last time there was no limit. and how about a limit of 50 when was that lost. i hear the limits are going down on both walleye and perch lets hope for some good hatches and better weather next year

Post Thanks / Like

I was born in Toledo, moved to Indiana in 1963. I remember unlimited perch catches in the 1960's. Dad used to take my brother and I out to the intake and we would fish for hours. Dad said we always ended up with 100-120 lbs of fillets from the one saturday morning trip. We used to buy shiners by the dollar and not by the dozen, and when we ran out, we would cut up small white bass for bait. I can remember feeding frenzies that you could drop a gold hook with no bait and catch a perch.
    When they came up with limits on yellow perch, I have no clue as I quit coming up for years and just started fishing Erie again in the past 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

steve i did not fish erie till around the early 70s but still remember sitting on boat eating bologna sandwich with a big slice of onion and a cold beer and doubles all day long just off the intake and 1 mile off channel gas was cheap and we gave fish to all our family and friends. now we fish as much as we can seems the weather wont cooperate and the fish just cant spawn in the rough windy weather in the spring need a couple 2003s to fill the lake back up with walleye and perch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rscotfish View Post
    who can tell me when was the last time 10 walleye was the limit. and how about perch when was the last time there was no limit. and how about a limit of 50 when was that lost. i hear the limits are going down on both walleye and perch lets hope for some good hatches and better weather next year
    Not for sure but I think it was 1978 and I think it went to 6 in 1979 the year that I started to charter. Perch were 50 per limit at that time but I can remember when there was no limit on perch or walleyes! That was in the 50's and early 60's. When the lake became a cesspool in the 60's we would fish for walleyes all summer to catch what we catch now in one good day but we never gave up!
    Last edited by wakina; 12-28-2011 at 10:11 PM.