Trolling Trolling Trolling Trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Question Trolling

Just curious-has any of the trollers seen the Alabama rig that the pro bass guys are using? 5 different baits on a small umbrella=like head. Think 3 stingers or harnesses would work on this thing, See it at thealabamarig.com. I know it's only Dec. but who isn't anxious already?
    Last edited by assassin; 12-04-2011 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wrong info
    Assassin

Post Thanks / Like

Default rigs

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Just curious-has any of the trollers seen the Alabama rig that the pro bass guys are using? 5 different baits on a small umbrella=like head. Think 5 stingers or harnesses would work on this thing, See it at thealabamarig.com. I know it's only Dec. but who isn't anxious already?
    Its a basic saltwater trick for marlin. Draws fish to a small baitfish school, with a bunch of hooks. Thats alot of rig to throw all day. I would just rather throw my 3/4 oz rig spinner with one hook and half a worm. Walleye are already spooked enough.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default tough pull

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    Just curious-has any of the trollers seen the Alabama rig that the pro bass guys are using? 5 different baits on a small umbrella=like head. Think 3 stingers or harnesses would work on this thing, See it at thealabamarig.com. I know it's only Dec. but who isn't anxious already?
    Just a comment on trying to troll with that big umbrella rig. Depth control, maybe a dipsey set tight. Jets, no, long line, no, bottom bouncer , only maybe if enough drift like 3ft plus waves. Downrigger ball may be worth a try though. Thats just a big rig to try and pull or to cast. The bass guys look to be using big musky rods to catch 3 pound fish. Crankbaits , jets and spoons are what works fine along with worm harnesses for drifting and trolling. The idea of it makes you think of what may work for walleye. On the other hand, Erie Dearies and weapons have been around a long time and people are paying big bucks on ebay for crankbaits that havent been made for over 25 years. If it works, keep using it.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]