Anyone perching this weekend? Anyone perching this weekend? Anyone perching this weekend? Anyone perching this weekend?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone perching this weekend?

Gonna try and get out Sat. and Sun. Out of Cooley Canal. Been a hot bite up close if that NE didn't mess it up. Hopefully it's still good LegalSkater on 68 or 78.

Unfortunatly the water quality is going to be bad west of Sandusky. I don't know if it will clear up east of Sandusky or not. The water around the islands and west I think will be unfishable this weekend. To bad because I wanted to get out with the big boat 1-2 more times before we pull it for the season.

Russ

Russ I really didn't think a 1 day blow would mess things up that bad but boy was I wrong! Water was an ugly shade of brown all over and we quit after about 90 minutes and 3 moves. Heard guys went way out with little results.

How far out did you guys run? I have a buddy that went out this morning from Anchor Point and they ran north of the gravel pit and water still dirty, to rough to keep their anchor to stick. They only tried fishing for about 1/2 hour, gave up and came in.

I want to go tomorrow but don't know if I should try H can by Port Clinton, run out to the Turnaround buoy, or fish north of North Bass where I read a good fishing report. I would love to find some clean water closer to shore but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Russ

Talked to a guy that ran out to West Sister and Turn and said water was still bad.. We didn't go very far after hearing that, tried close spots. Marks were still there but only 1 bite. Didn't waste much time, cut our losses. South 10-20 Sunday so I'm thinking Monday.

Went perchin this morning, last trip in the big boat this season. It turned out to be a total bust. Started down by Lakeside Pier, moved out about 3 miles towards Kelley's, moved over to front of East Harbor State Park, final spot was north of Mouse. Ended up with 6 perch. Water was dirty every where. I could barely see the anchor 6" under water.

The rest of the season will be in the little boat, hopefully I can get a couple of good days before snow comes.

Any one know what bait stores are going to remain open? I talked to the owner of A-N-J's on SR2 and he is going to stay open at least until Thanksgiving.

Russ

if you have a little boat I would trailer it to wildwood marina and fish there, bigger fish, the water is cleaner. You can buy your minnows at wildwood marina. It's in cleveland. For info go to wildwoodmarina.com

when you fish at wilwood you only have to go 1 or 2 miles tops.

If you want to fish around Catawba, the Gas Station/Carryout on NE Catawba Rd just south of the cemetary road usually stays stocked for the ice fishermen.

How has the perchin been at Wildwood ?
    Haven't seen any reports in the other forums.
    The head boat reports there have been pretty dismal.