best size and catch rate for season best size and catch rate for season best size and catch rate for season best size and catch rate for season
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile best size and catch rate for season

Reel Sport for the 15 th time in a row came in with our limit, 5 guys, 150 perch 45 lbs all keeper perch 9 to 13 inches, throw backs all day 8 to 9 inchers threw back hundreds, all caught in
    two hours of fishing and only one stop. All day long doubles after doubles, water gin clear, 1 mile due east of red and white,
    perch were like down east side, and once again we were by our self we had to wave people in to fish with us. spreaders and skipper 9 rigs on bottom couldn't even click your reel.For our guest today you put on a show, the cleaners love you, for the ones who didn't show up because it was cold you really missed out. On a sad note today was the last day of reel sport charters rookie season, the fish gods shined on us today, Want to say thanks for all our guest, skipper 9, capt. Brain, and everyone who help us out, to all our readers a big thank you it was fun, we will be back for round two in april,
    Once again a big thank you, Reel Sport Charters Capt. Mike and Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

In relation to islands, where is 1 mile east of read and white?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job on the perch I do believe that you are catching the perch like you said but I remember that you posted on your october 8th trip that you didn't limit, I can't believe you got 15 trips in since october 8th with the weather we had. Anyways sounds like you had a very good fall perch bite, nice job.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch update

will did get limit all trips the date you are questioning to all the clients
    got thier limit we just didn't have the extra fish limit of the captains and first mate .which is an extra, that day we caught the clients limits , and they wanted jumbos and were throwing back
    eight to nine inch perch, thats why we where short the two extra tickets, we will be posting pictures of last two days trips. p smitty was on five of them limit tips. first limit aug.19 last limit no. 15 oct. 23
    good homework on your part .Capt. Mike and Wayne
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 10-24-2011 at 08:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not quite as good.

We started W of WS Isl. and had a decent although smaller size bite. We sorted through them for about an hour when they just stopped. 45 min later we gave up and decided to head to turnaround. Really didn't want to go out that far w/ S wind gusting but it was laying down some so we went for it. Parked down N of #2 and started picking right away. Much nicer fish but the bite really slowed down in the afternoon. We picked at them from 12-3 and finished with 96, although they were turning on again at end. Had to get back or I believe we would have finished within an hour. Lots of 10+ fish. Unfortunately wind picked up and we had an hour boat ride to get back to entrance. And today my back is making me pay. Oh well, pay for your thrills I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile islands

the red and white is 10.35 miles out of mienkes marina, where we are fishing 35 degress out of channel, roughly half way
    between west sister and maumee river channel nearer to channel.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 10-24-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Job

Awesome job. Is that Toledo Light #2? I trailer my 19ft. and was gonna try thursday or friday. Gonna put in at Mienke's.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile yes no. 2

go 10.35 miles out at 35 degress, watch out for the nets,
    go past second set of nets, and watch your depth finder,
    for the school, theres three schools first two are smaller fish,
    third one is the big ones, thier roughly a hundred yards apart,
    keep lines on bottom with a litlle slack line, unbelivable
    perching, also there a school two bouys past no.2 that some of the boats are working. good luck water is gin clear.

Post Thanks / Like

You said in your post that your streak was broken I was going by that, not trying to give you a hard time. I didn't think that you fished 15 times since the 8th.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile streak broken

yes post said streak broken, to us if we don't get everyone
    limit including the captains and first mate it not in our minds
    a full limit, so yes in way your right and in another way we are right, its just how you look at it, lets put it this way 15 straight
    times all clients got there limit. We take great pride to make sure our clients are happy, and spend maney hours before we hit the water to have 6 to 10 spots pick out before we leave the channel. We have been on the other side of the boat maney times, this year the perch gods were just on our side, I have been on this lake 48 years now and the captain 20 years, and we have seen it all, we just do alot of things most people don't do, that gives us an edge, one being leaving motor running whole time it draws the perch in like a magent, the other is to have 6 to 8 different styles of rigs ready to go incase one style doesn't work.
    plus maney other little tricks. I like you style, I like to be given a hard time, it keeps me on my toes to be a better first mate, Wayne
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 10-24-2011 at 09:46 AM.