Where were all the perchers today Where were all the perchers today Where were all the perchers today Where were all the perchers today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Where were all the perchers today

Got a late start today because the weather man got it wrong again so my partner and I launced at Anchor Point at 9:30 and were fishing by 10 am. All we saw were duck hunters and some charter captains that were out fun fishing. We ran 3 1/2 miles to 18' of water and moved 3 times within the general area watching the sonar for concentrations of bait fish. When we found them, it was nonstop action. Our 60 fish weighed 20 lbs at the cleaners, 3 were over 12 inches and we were done by 12:30 pm. We were lonely because all we saw were duck hunters until we called & shared our spot with some charter captains who were out fun fishing and they were all catching fish steadily when we left them. Where was everyone? All you perchers missed one of the best days on the water you could ever have asked for.

Unfortunately many of us poor folk have to work during the week. This time of year the weekends suck, only good weather is weekdays.

Airshot

how was the water color

Water color was pretty clear and we had 2 foot waves when we started but it steadily decreased to calm by noon. My experience has been that when the lake lies down so do the fish but not the case today; they were turned on the entire time we were there. Cut shiners on crappie rigs with no flash was the ticket for us.

Smile just wondering on your spot

just wondering 3.5 miles due north of water intake, towards little cedar point or towards metgers, we have trip sat, were going to start at 11 mile out mark, but if it don't happening
    were have to go searching, last year at this time it was little cedar point, but with the rain and winds its a guessing game sat
    Thanks Capt. Mike and Wayne Reel sport charters

Towards Little Cedar Point, near the pear

Smile My guess Wayne

I am going to fish Saturday and then pull my boat out.
    With all the rain and wind the water has to be stirred up.
    I think I am going to try about 1.5 miles south east of west sister in 28 ft of water again.
    I caught nice perch there the last three times I went fishing.
    The last trip 2 guys 60 perch weight 21 lbs 8-13 inch fish .
    I first caught fish there 2weeks before the weather got bad last time .
    When it got fishable again they were still there.
    Maybe just maybe they are still there this time.
    If not I will be on the hunt as well.

Also hearing rumors of a good bite North of B-Can.

Good luck and tight lines to ya.

Fishin Crazy: We were out there with you and the pack some 2 1/2 weeks ago and everyone was catching perch. For what it is worth, that is the area the Charter Captains were fishing when they came to join us. They didn't say why they left the area but it has been my experience that you do not leave fish to go find fish.

Good luck to you where ever you go and you may want to reconsider pulling your boat so early, fishing's getting better & better.

talked to a guy who was out on 10-16-11 and he was on he pear in 12 fow. Said they hit them pretty good, but lots of weather has come and gone since.

Smile current lake conditions

just got back from mienkes, water in marina down 3 to 4 ft. hard getting in boat, lake had white caps, water muddy, minnows are hard to find frozen yes fresh you have to search for them,
    on brighter note had a couple of captains that fish pear also
    this week that got thier limit, my suggestion start in close
    move out to deep water, also gas pumps are opening at
    8.00 am rest of year. Air temps. cold lots of boats being pulled today. Good luck to everyone this weekend and be safe.
    Reel Sport Charters