East of west Sister Good Bite! East of west Sister Good Bite! East of west Sister Good Bite! East of west Sister Good Bite!

Smile East of west Sister Good Bite!

Went fishing today (sat.) about 1.5 miles east of West Sister in 28 ft. of water. We caught a 2 man ticket (60 perch) 20 lbs.(at cleaners) in 2 hrs. All fish were between 8 and 12 inches, some through backs we didn't keep anything under 8 inches. We didn't get started till 10AM and was done at noon. We let the boat run the whole time. Used light line. 6 lb. test. With bear claw leader connectors and 6 lb. 10 inch leaders with red #6 tru-turn hooks. 1/2 ounce weights laying on the bottom with slack line. We also tossed some white rice once in awhile. Not sure what we did that made the day a success but it worked and we had fun.
    Last edited by Fishin Crazy; 10-08-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Default keep the motor running ...

I've got to ask .. you're the second post I've read that said they had to leave the motor running the whole time .. what does the motor running do ..?

Default Keeping the Motor Running.

Well..... A lot of people say different things about this ,but I know it works. I got the idea from an old charter boat caption yrs ago. Perch are curious and the sound attracts them. Some people say its because people dump extra bait when they start the boat. Some say its a wastes of gas.

IF YOU LEAVE THE MOTOR RUNNING MAKE SURE YOUR EXHAUST FAN IS RUNNING FOR SAFETY ,YOU DON'T WANT AN EXPLOSION.

Hope this helps and tight lines to ya.
    Last edited by Fishin Crazy; 10-08-2011 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks for the tip on the blower !!!! I now have my first inboard, have had outboards for 40+ yrs, using the blower has been hard for me to remember but your tip on idling is a good one. Thanks

Airshot

Default keep the motor running ...

Does it have to be the main motor or does the kicker motor make enough noise to work ..?

Question Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by boatlimit View Post
    Does it have to be the main motor or does the kicker motor make enough noise to work ..?

I dont know, never tried it I dont have a kicker on my boat on my boat.