Fishing areas Fishing areas Fishing areas Fishing areas
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fishing areas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing areas

I don't want to sound ungrateful as I do love the information on this web site. But I would like to say to all that post here, could you let us know the general area you refer to when giving locations. Many are strictly western basin fisherman, and many are further east. I see many of the posters use local lingo for there spots but it can be unkown to some of us. A simple out of Huron, or out of Monroe, or out by West Sister would be a great help to us finding our way around Lake Erie. I enjoy reading all the fishing stories but many times have no idea where you are fishing at. Thanks for reading and keep up the excellent fishing reports.

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

Airshot, I agree....i've been fishing lake erie for a few years and know my way around the cans and west sister but some of these others spots are unfamiliar to me. Good suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said. I'm a newby and need the specifics.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

just ask about the area in question and you'll probably get gps # which is best. as for example, mc donald's or the turnaround. ask 3 different people and you'll probably get 2 different answers. just ask when in question. plenty of helpful folks here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing areas

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    just ask about the area in question and you'll probably get gps # which is best. as for example, mc donald's or the turnaround. ask 3 different people and you'll probably get 2 different answers. just ask when in question. plenty of helpful folks here.
    Yes sir you are correct, many helpfull people alright, thats what make this a great website. My only concern was that if they would be a bit more specific in their location or description it will certainly be more helpfull. I have grown up on the western end of Erie, had a boat since i was 12, I am now 60, let me tell you many of the names have changed over the years as to what we call some of these areas. I watched the charter industry develope and grow and because of this great buisness many new terms have been added that I am not familiar with. Just trying to keep up with the times. While I have always had my questions answered, people have other things going on in their lives and do not always get back to you as quick as you would like, if info was in the post, we could get out fishin sooner.....(lol) Thanks to all

Airshot

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be darned if I can remember the gps#/line most of the time where I ended up catching fish by the time I get back home so I can post them. I'd have to go pull them off my trail. I'd imagine it's like that for alot of us. CRS... can't remember s...