Worth the trip? Worth the trip? Worth the trip? Worth the trip?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Worth the trip?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worth the trip?

We are in the southern part of the state and the boys want one last trip out before winter, Want to go walleyen , but would settle for perch. Any thing shakin? light it up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Call Capt. Mike. His phone number is posted somewhere on this page.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to rain on anyones parade as it is mine also but take a look at Yesterdays satellite image. Does not look good!

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mod...e.143.250m.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch

Gentleman,

I went out yesterday and caught over 100 kept 75 between mich and ohio waters! 1 and 2 buoy off the raisin produced good size fish then they shut off moved out to sputnik in the channel and it was sporadic but caught good size fish. The water in close only had algae out deeper very clear. Not much for walleyes but perchin was good! Out on Erie with a bad day is still better than a great day at the office.

Trollingfool

Post Thanks / Like

Smile one last trip

if you want walleye give skipper 9 a call , if you want perch we have Sat. 15, sat. 22 and sunday 23 left for the season all bait and tackle supplied, walk ons or full charter, Capt. Mike
    419 265 2736 Reelsport Charters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I hate to rain on anyones parade as it is mine also but take a look at Yesterdays satellite image. Does not look good!

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/mod...e.143.250m.jpg
    With calm winds predicted all week and 80 degrees and light southerly winds predicted for this weekend, you better believe I will be out on the lake this weekend. Almost certainly the last fair weather weekend of the year. The lake will clear up quite a bit between yesterday and this weekend. Won't be perfect, but how often is the water clarity on lake erie perfect??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bocajemma View Post
    With calm winds predicted all week and 80 degrees and light southerly winds predicted for this weekend, you better believe I will be out on the lake this weekend. Almost certainly the last fair weather weekend of the year. The lake will clear up quite a bit between yesterday and this weekend. Won't be perfect, but how often is the water clarity on lake erie perfect??

Didn't say I wasn't going to go fishing just said that it looked really bad and colder water (upper 50's to lower 60's)clears at a lesser rate than 70+ water does no matter how warm the sun is, and water clears up from the top down not from the bottom up, and the bottom is where the perch are. If the winds and temps hold it is my intentions to fish one day this weekend, after coating my camper to plug the leak it has developed. Just answered the mans question as to come up or not, leaving that decision to him after posting the available information at the time of my post. Please don't take offence as I enjoy reading your posts and find most of them if not all of them useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Didn't say I wasn't going to go fishing just said that it looked really bad and colder water (upper 50's to lower 60's)clears at a lesser rate than 70+ water does no matter how warm the sun is, and water clears up from the top down not from the bottom up, and the bottom is where the perch are. If the winds and temps hold it is my intentions to fish one day this weekend, after coating my camper to plug the leak it has developed. Just answered the mans question as to come up or not, leaving that decision to him after posting the available information at the time of my post. Please don't take offence as I enjoy reading your posts and find most of them if not all of them useful.
    Nope, no offence taken. Hope you didn't take offence to my post as well as none was meant. I just know the good weather days are numbered for this year. could very well be the last trip for me and then it's pull the boat time. The weather looks great for this weekend. Just looked at today's sat photos and the mud is looking better, but the algae is looking worse!!! Hope it stays east of this islands!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bocajemma View Post
    Nope, no offence taken. Hope you didn't take offence to my post as well as none was meant. I just know the good weather days are numbered for this year. could very well be the last trip for me and then it's pull the boat time. The weather looks great for this weekend. Just looked at today's sat photos and the mud is looking better, but the algae is looking worse!!! Hope it stays east of this islands!!
    Nope none taken. I hate it when its time to put the old gal away for the winter, me having an IO I will not fish those nice November days, that is if there are any.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Thanks for the replies. Will give the guys the reports. We have a ride outta beaver park, but may give Capn Mike a shout.