Water in channels is way down? Water in channels is way down? Water in channels is way down? Water in channels is way down?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Water in channels is way down?

Happy hookers site posted:

Not fit day for man or fish.

Day started off windy and overcast, water in channels is way down, few boats that went out this morning may have difficult time coming back in (not enough water) Since this morning wind and rain has really picked up pretty much unfishable now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Happy hookers site posted:

Day started off windy and overcast, water in channels is way down, few boats that went out this morning may have difficult time coming back in (not enough water) Since this morning wind and rain has really picked up pretty much unfishable now.
    Hookers has got to be kidding. Someone went out in this stuff today with the gale warning in the forecast? If he is true some people have a death wish.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL... Life is grate,beer is good and people are crazy.

You couldn't have made me go out!

Post Thanks / Like

What causes the water level drop every fall? I noticed the low levels last October when I was up on Erie Perchin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Steve View Post
    What causes the water level drop every fall? I noticed the low levels last October when I was up on Erie Perchin.
    I believe it is the wind, somebody correct me if I am wrong. The lake is large and shallow and it does not take too much wind to make one side of the Lake go up while the opposite side goes down. Typically the stronger the wind is from the North then the higher the water gets on the South shore of the Lake and the more the wind blows from the South the lower it gets. It is the exact opposite if you where up in the Northern shore of the Lake.

That seems to be my experience with the quick level changes, I never really monitored it throughout the year but I am sure in times of big droughts and or heavy rain the level all around could go up and down. I don't think those level changes are never anywhere near as extreme and quick as what the wind can do. A good South/East wind and the level of a place like East Harbor can drop 2-3 feet in the matter of a few hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Miso you are correct. When there is a 24 hour period or longer of sustained gale force winds the water will get blown in or out of the habors depending on the wind direction. I have seen pictures of boats at Fenwick Marina sitting in the mud due to all the water being blown out of the harbor from a north gale wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much guys