western perch limit large size western perch limit large size western perch limit large size western perch limit large size

Smile western perch limit large size

Reel Sport Charters for the 11 week in a row limit out in 4 hours
    with a four,man limit of 120 perch with weight of 38.0lbs, skipper
    9 fish next to us today and got a eight man limit in about 5 hours, fishing was slower than usuall, but size was improved,
    we had 20 perch between 11 and 123/4 inches , we fish new spot today 1 mile due east of red and white, water is gin clear,
    perch were finky today wanted shinners cut up into 1 inch size,
    spreaders plain and skipper 9 rigs were only thing they wanted, if you go out there be carefull there are 3 sets of nets streched
    across at the 7 mile mark, water clarity, shore to intake green,
    2 mile to 5 mile mark milky, after that she clean, Way to keep that young man hopping today jim, he was all smiles on your boat, glad to see your smiling face today too,
    Capt. Mike and Wayne Reel Sport Charters till next week be safe and catch your limit.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 09-25-2011 at 05:01 PM.

we were out near you as well.. we caught our limit in about 2 hours as the fish were on a feeding frenzy.. started with 2 poles but couldnt do both.. our biggest frenzy was at 1130.. only needed 5 more fish and they hit as soon as it hit bottom.. 2 man 60 fish 16 lbs. glad u clarified what those red flags were.. we thought a race was gonna start. :-)

Default Nets Question

Question on the nets. Thanks for heads up. They have been across between Turtle Creek and W Sister too lately. Is there any way to determine where the end is? Seems like most sets I have seen have had a turn or box at the end with two flags that look like the signify the end. But the other day the row of flags just quit. I went way around, not sure if it was end or not. Is there any protocol to know where they are and are not.

How deep are they? I haven't taken any chances running between the flags but have seen some others. Are they deep enough to run over? Two weeks ago there was a pretty good gap between two sets that one could run through to West Sister, but last time out they were everywhere it seemed, and kind of a pain to get out to where we wanted to fish.

My understanding is the outer end of the net should be marked with 2 flags, whereas the inner end will have 1 flag. You should be able to run over top of the net, because they should be at least 4 feet below the surface. BE CAREFUL. I inadvertently ran over one last summer off Gem Beach, fouled a prop and had to haul the boat to cut the line off. There was a small float midway between the two flags with the line coming to the surface which I didn't see.

Great job on the fishing Wayne.

Those nets run North and South. North end of the net is marked with 2 flags and the South end is marked with 1 flag. I would avoid running over them. Like said above, you could possibly foul a prop with line ans cause a mess.

Default Stupid Question

Could someone tell me where you are talking about when you mention the red and white? I try to follow your fishing reports and I'm just not familiar with some of the reference you use. Thank you.

When you refer to the red and white, where exactly is that located? I'm following all of these fishing reports and trying to learn these areas. I have a map of Lake Erie and know most of them but could you explain? Thank you.

Smile red and white bouy

maumee river channel, tall red and white bouy, actually Toledo
    Light No.2 has bell sound, some times called supknit, or turn around bouy which it really isn't, rough 9.5 miles out off mienkes marnia west, green and white is called Mcdonalds,
    other bouys that are producing fish No. 13 and No. 17 ohio side
    and toledo habor light should start, then the perch should come
    in close to shore off little cedar point, this will all depends on
    how hard the blow is next three or four days.
    Good luck and be safe Capt. Mike and Wayne