Boat Storage Recommendations Boat Storage Recommendations Boat Storage Recommendations Boat Storage Recommendations

Default Boat Storage Recommendations

We keep our boat in inside storage up on catawba island. The problem I have is they close up October 1st and open May 1st. I am looking for a place that would allow me to have access to my boat in April through the month of October so I could fish the cooler water. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on other places to store my boat.

I dock at Foxhaven on Catawba. Have for the last 5 years. They don't "officially" open til May 1st but they will launch you the first Monday in April. I was a little late this year launching, April 8th. And you don't have to be outta the water until Nov. 15th, but they will only haul out during weekdays that late. No weekend crane service. I really enjoy that marina as well. Always helpful and nice. Price is about the best on Catawba as well for my size boat. $1250 for my dock. And they are drive out docks, so you can park right in front of your boat. Not sure your boat size but storage goes by foot. Mine is 32'. 37'9" LOA. Winter storage is like $600 for me. There is actually a dock right beside me that has been empty all year. You may want to look into Foxhaven. I have no complaints other than if you put in early, make sure you fill you fuel tanks at the end of the year as the fuel docks dont open til May 1st. Hope this helps.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Thanks for the reply Island Runner. That is where we are right now. Are you using their inside rack storage or keeping it outside. They told me that the earliest I could access it is May 1st and the latest is Oct. 15th. We keep the boat inside on the rack.

Blog Entries

Anchors Away and Skipper Buds both have inside rack storage I'm not sure about hours or when their season begins and ends.

Kevin

Yea, I store outside. You are correct when rack stored there. Im dock F25. Stop by for a drink sometime.
    Wellcraft 3200 Coastal T-454s

Thanks for the reply Fish Tales. I'll check them out. Thanks for the invite Island Runner. I'll look you up next time I am up that way. Trying to get 1 more fishing trip in before the season ends.