Wheres the smallies??? Wheres the smallies??? Wheres the smallies??? Wheres the smallies???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wheres the smallies???

Im having trouble locating smallmouths I live in Canton and get to the lake as much as possible. Im always around the islands, mainly kelleys. I would like to branch out a liitle but we all know what the lake can do to a 17ft boat. But at least im on the water. I heard they run to Ruggles in the fall?? If anyone can give me some pointers?? I would greatly appreciate it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile small mouth

Ruggles is the spot for fall and with the cooler temps we've had lately any day could be the one! Launch at Cranberry Creek or the newer public ramps in Huron. Early bird gets the worm! Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Default jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Erie Dreaming View Post
    Im having trouble locating smallmouths I live in Canton and get to the lake as much as possible. Im always around the islands, mainly kelleys. I would like to branch out a liitle but we all know what the lake can do to a 17ft boat. But at least im on the water. I heard they run to Ruggles in the fall?? If anyone can give me some pointers?? I would greatly appreciate it!!
    Smallies habit around Ruggles all season, not just fall. Sherod park to the castle area nearshore is a great area. Rocks, gravel and near deep water. Cranberry Creek or Vermillion and Huron for boat ramps. I usually fish less than 20 ft there.
    The reef complex is getting a decent amount of smallies again also, many reefs within 8 miles of my marina. I like the Canadian waters the best for size and numbers. Some areas just get hit hard and the fish get spooky. I tend to use big shiners and slow drift or anchor, tube baits with goby colors.
    Capt. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys!! I will give it my best shot sunday if the lake is in my favor. Its nice to have access to people who love fishing as much as i do! Thanks again!