Great Weekend perchin Great Weekend perchin Great Weekend perchin Great Weekend perchin
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Weekend perchin

Had 2 good days Sat.and Sun. perching. Sat. we did very good near the west end of Middle Bass and Sugar Is. We fished in 32 fow and the perch wanted it right on the bottom with a little slack line. Noticed a very lg group of boats sw of the red can off West Reef. we got a 2 man limit in about 2 hrs and had to pitch some small ones but didnt catch much trash at all. The minnow situation was iffy so I brought some live Fatheads with me from home.Of course most people say they wont catch perch but in 2 days we got our fish fairly easy. Ihave been in the live bait biz for 40yrs and I have always used them when shinners are unavailable. Sunday went back to the same place and there were alot of boats south of Middle Bass and Rattlesnake. The bite Sun was a little slower than Sat. but we still was able to get our limit with several nice 10.5 inchers. Hope to get some good trips in this fall.Did anyone see the dern commercial net just off the shore near Gem Beach on both days this weekend ? I watched several Lg boats go right over top of it...Good fishing folks........

Post Thanks / Like

We had to dodge that net 5 days straight. I don't know much about the nets but there were boats going over it. One night I let Dad bring the boat in and I was in back not paying attention he went right through it lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Das.