better colors for warm harnesses ?? better colors for warm harnesses ?? better colors for warm harnesses ?? better colors for warm harnesses ??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I tie my own and my best color has been dark purple blade with lighter purple beads and one red bead at the end. Second best is gold for me.

Post Thanks / Like

every year I go on a free charter through my work, we fish with a guy that has over 20 years experience in the charter buisness, he does nothing but drifting. He ties his own casting harnesses, they either have 1 hook with about a 2 inch piece of worm or 2 hooks with half a worm, he uses nothing but gold blades, around a #4 colorado blade. The only thing he changes is the egg sinker.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rigs

Quote Originally Posted by 200 Nitro View Post
    I WILL GET BUSY AND MAKE SOME OF THESE COLORS. SO I CAN GIVE THEM A TRY...I will be up there first week in oct..Looking to see if i have the right colors now.. Thanks again
    Most of my rigs for casting are 1 hook 5-6 beads and normally a gold blade. Bot bounc rigs are 2 hook with similar bead and blades.Cast rigs are 16 inches long and bb rigs are about 3-4 ft. Gold blades , hammered, big hamm or little hamm, diamond cut, and smooth. Deep cut , Ind. and Colorado. I use all. I keep it simple because it is mostly presentation. I do use Indiana and Colorado blades equally all season. I carry several dozen rigs, beacause each day is always different. One day they want smooth gold blade in Colorado, tomorrow on a smaller hammered Indiana. Thump blade vs. faster spin. My beads are gold, green, limegreen, orange, red, some blues, pinks, chartruese. I do carry a few other blade colors, firetiger, orange, chartse, green. I should say my best pattern is Indiana hammered #3 blade with gold and green beads, #4 smooth gold blades, orange beads with a splash of chartus or the other way. I try to always have a touch of orange on every rig. My best bb rig this summer was a #3 hammered gold blad with 5 lime green beads and 2 hooks. Keep it simple. Watermelon patterns are good also. Early May starts with smaller blades and slowly get bigger. Dont forget silver blades because they look like the minnows that are growing. So you can see alot of stuff works but the color doesnt change a whole lot.Sinkers are important, 1/2 ,3/4 and 1 oz egg or inline, just remember to put a bead in the tie loop for egg sinkers. Egg sinkers are easier for most people, less tangles when casting as the lure falls through the water. You will get what I mean when it happens. 3/4 sinks about 18" per counted second. 20 count comes close to 30ft, as your watch ticks. Remember its fishing not science.
    Capt. Greg
    Fall walleye and perch trips available as well as teaching trips.
    PM for availability. 3 ppl. trip deals and up to 6 person trips through Oct.
    Western basin, islands area as well as Ashtabula Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fishing trip

Thanks Captain Greg !!!!!!!! I will be getting with you very soon to book a trip with you i definitely could use some knowledge about fishing for walleyes... I have sent some pm,s to others but never have received any responses so i will be booking with you... We will see if you have any openings next week... Thank You Very Much For The Info.... Have a great day....

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about you guys and all your different colors and bling and beads, but went out thurs. to Kelly shoal and caught 8 nice eyes (17" to 22")on the old standby 5/8 ounce green and white erie dearie. Not much of a drift so we had to keep the lure moving. 10-15 FOW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 200 Nitro View Post
    Thanks Captain Greg !!!!!!!! I will be getting with you very soon to book a trip with you i definitely could use some knowledge about fishing for walleyes... I have sent some pm,s to others but never have received any responses so i will be booking with you... We will see if you have any openings next week... Thank You Very Much For The Info.... Have a great day....
    You are more than welcome. Hope to have good weather for your charter next weekend. Since the water has cooled alittle and (flipped) , the bite will get better than the last week or so. This should be a great Oct. for fishing all of the three species we target. The spring was pretty tough but as the summer progressed, the bite kept getting better. Alot of nice walleye taken the last few days in the area we will be fishing and the big ones I was getting in the central basin in July and Aug are showing up in the island areas. The next few weeks is your chance for that big walleye. Ashatabula perch trips available also, the big perch are waiting for ya.
    I have a few open dates left for anyone wanting to enjoy casting for fall walleye or yellow perch in the western basin and the island areas.
    I have a 3 person boat in the islands area and also 6 person, 30 ft boat for the western basin. PM for honest reply or call for prices for your group.
    Capt. Greg
    419-523-0086