Perch rigs Perch rigs Perch rigs Perch rigs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Perch rigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch rigs

sorry. I am out of tru turn hooks to make prch rigs.. I am back ordered from 5 different places. As soon as i get some I will start sending them out again.. I can't believe how many I have already sent out.. I am gonna have to get a second job to pay for the hooks and the postage..

Post Thanks / Like

Guys just do what I did and tie your own. Got my tru turns at Bass Pro here in town. Will be using them this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a link to where i can buy your rigs?

Post Thanks / Like

No not really.. I don't really want to sell any. I will mail one to anyone that wants one to duplicate. If you are not good at tying I will make additional ones for $1.50. That is what it cost me to make them and postage .

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to tie rigs?

This may seem like a dumb question but I tried to make a skipper9 rig. I am having a hard time figuring out how to tie the main line and the line coming off the hooks. It seems like the knot wants to slide up and down the main line. Is this how its supposed to be or am I not tying it right ? If not then what type of knots should I be using?

Post Thanks / Like

Default help

Quote Originally Posted by JMaher79 View Post
    This may seem like a dumb question but I tried to make a skipper9 rig. I am having a hard time figuring out how to tie the main line and the line coming off the hooks. It seems like the knot wants to slide up and down the main line. Is this how its supposed to be or am I not tying it right ? If not then what type of knots should I be using?
    I had the same problem but then I made a knot then another at the same time no problem.
    Let me know I have tied about 20 and they work fine.
    LAST CAST

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch king

jim you said you were the perch king, now you see what you have done, Yes your rigs are putting a lot of perch on our boat,
    but I'm still sticking to mine , LOL WAYNE

Post Thanks / Like

Question Perch rig

Are there any links to pics? I am new to this forum but hale from the Cedar Point area and lived here for over fifty years. Thanks Karl

Post Thanks / Like

Yea yea, perch king.. lol. One knot up one knot down on each hook lead.s I tell everyone you should use what ever works for you. God luck everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper9 probably ties his different than me but here's how I've been doing mine. I tie a palomar knot on the first hook leaving the tag end long. The tag end is where you will later tie your snap swivel at the end for the weight to attach. Next I tie a surgeons knot about 2 inches up the line from the hook like this link shows. Your hook will now be on the end of the loop secured by the palomar knot you first tied.
    http://www.netknots.com/html/surgeons_end_loop.html

Now go up the line about 6 inches and repeat 2 times. After all three hooks are tied, tie the surgeons end loop at the top for your main line to attach to. Last tie the snap swivel on the bottom for the weight to attach.