Perch in maumee bay? Perch in maumee bay? Perch in maumee bay? Perch in maumee bay?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Perch in maumee bay?

I only have a 17 foot boat, and only feel comfortable going out a couple miles. On the tip of the bait guy, I headed out to the first set of buoys in 10'-12' of water. Not one bite. Headed out to the next buoys in same depth of water. Not one bite. Tried a little deeper. 20-23 foot. Not one bite. We worked or way to turtle island which is the furthest i like to go, with no bites, not one fish (well 3 sheephead)

Is there any tips or spots you can give? It was a very frustrating day. Maybe it was because the water was so stirred up... it was a light grey color, looked like cement. Never quite saw anything like it.

We were using perch spreaders, with minnows.

Default perch

I have been hearing they have been catching them at the white and orange sail boat bouy.. which is just west of maumee river just as you come out...that's seven ft of water..personally I haven't gotten any there..was there yesterday in my pontoon about 10am and nothing.. stopped in at fish cleaners and a guys was in there and said he got 15 jumbos there early in the morning they shut off before I got there

Quote Originally Posted by fish/n/chics View Post
    I have been hearing they have been catching them at the white and orange sail boat bouy.. which is just west of maumee river just as you come out...that's seven ft of water..personally I haven't gotten any there..was there yesterday in my pontoon about 10am and nothing.. stopped in at fish cleaners and a guys was in there and said he got 15 jumbos there early in the morning they shut off before I got there
    I got skunked today also... too much wind threw in the towel by 10am..

Smile maumee bay

depends were you go out of if collins park, the weed beds around grass island are good, the first or second bouy just outside of cullins park produce limits for a lot of people,
    just off shore from point place produce alot of jumbo's the end of the bayshore rock bar gives up limits, in a week or two 1/2 mile to 1 mile out from tip of little cedar point will be giving up jumbo's. Just keep it simple, light poles, light spreaders or crappie rigs, keep it on the bottom with slack line, take a bag of white rice with you and seed the water, you should be able to get all the perch you want and be safe, the area off maumee state park,just watch rocks and trees
    also fifty feet out from docks at collins park give up limits Good luck Capt. Mike and Wayne Reel Sport charters
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 09-13-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    depends were you go out of if collins park, the weed beds around grass island are good, the first or second bouy just outside of cullins park produce limits for a lot of people,
    just off shore from point place produce alot of jumbo's the end of the bayshore rock bar gives up limits, in a week or two 1/2 mile to 1 mile out from tip of little cedar point will be giving up jumbo's. Just keep it simple, light poles, light spreaders or crappie rigs, keep it on the bottom with slack line, take a bag of white rice with you and seed the water, you should be able to get all the perch you want and be safe, the area off maumee state park,just watch rocks and trees
    also fifty feet out from docks at collins park give up limits Good luck Capt. Mike and Wayne Reel Sport charters
    Yeah i come out of cullen park... well harrison marina more specifically. I tried the first buoys .... and second buoys..... and third lol. It may just be the water conditions as the person below got skunked too.

When you say seed the water? Does the rice attract perch?

Smile perch seeding

yes this is a old trick act like school of minnows around as it falls to mud will keep active, a perch caller also works just stir u[p the mud, the perch are turning off around 10 am, were still
    fishing 8 to 9 miles out/. hope this helps

yes this is a old trick act like school of minnows around as it falls to mud will keep active, a perch caller also works just stir u[p the mud, the perch are turning off around 10 am, were still
    Where can I git me one of them perch callers?

Smile perch caller

butch and denneys bait shop has them or you can make your own. rope old window wieghts or plastic coffe can and some lead
    to stir up the bottom.

Smile

Thanks for sharing all your helpful knowledge .. I have been readiing your postsand my catch rates have greatly improved... yes guys rice does work

Man I'm learning something new everytime you post!

So just throw a handful of rice out every hour or so?

Thanks so far for all your help! By the way i went out on my jet ski to check things out yesterday at around 7pm and there were a lot of people sitting in the bay by woodtick island by the sailboat buoy.