Smallies and Perch and Eyes on Weds. Smallies and Perch and Eyes on Weds. Smallies and Perch and Eyes on Weds. Smallies and Perch and Eyes on Weds.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smallies and Perch and Eyes on Weds.

Going to Island area for 2nd time of year. Thinking of setting up camp at Kelleys so can fish for smallies around island, but guides tell me they head to Ruggles Beach area in mid Sept. Anybody know if that is true, and where will the 10-12 inch perch be next Weds and Thurs. knowing mornings will be in the upper 40'slower 50's.

That's the $64.00 question...Where will the perch be next week? I would think that after this weekend the reports will tell. I'll be watching myself for a possible trip up next weekend.

Do you live in Naples FL.?

Bt the way, I'll be snook fishing in Marco Island Florida the end of the month!
    Last edited by ReelTime; 09-09-2011 at 09:27 AM.

Default Sw fl

Yeah I remember living down in Cape Coral and Fort Meyers and hitting the snook this time of the year by the bridges fishing with pin fish, shrimp and green backs. What a wild time that was. The water getting a little cooler this time of year down there as well and you never know what you'll get. Kind of like Erie. Perch, Smallmouth, Steelhead and walleye all in the same area. Fun stuff!

Daryl

Yes, I do snook and redfish and tarpon in the Naples area. They still have snook off limits--and always like to keep just one--IMHO they are best eating salt water fish, perch best fresh water. So about next Weds/Thurs in Lake Erie-smallies and perch, any ideas about Kelleys' to Vermillion. I know smallies in rocks 6-20 foot deep, but where are those best rocks, and perch probably between Kelley's and Marblehead??

OK--still waiting for reply as to whether "the Bowl" area will be hot this Thurs/Friday-anybody have any thoughts??!!. I may be 2-3 weeks too early??

Yea, just a hair to early. The bait fish Are not here yet.. very soon. Lake temp dropping fast ruggles will ne hot for smalies soon.. the eyes are not there yet.. we will see them soon at the 35/30 line. About 8 more degrees and the fall fishing will be on. As far as perch between 6. And 8 miles north of vermilion should be on fire.

Is this the Captain Jim that we spoke to on cell's back in late June--you talked to Rick Hyman a number of times re how far back to run his 40 jets--I think came up with 80 and 110. Anyway, thanks for imput-weather suppose to be bright sun and low of 46 and high of 64 on Thurs, our main fishing day--very chilly morning but water temps still preety high. In a perfect world sounds like last week of September would be perfect time, but any further thooughts re Weds evening (we are going to start fishing around 3 pm) and all day Thursday.. Re the 6-8 miles north of Vermillon for perch, is it worth it re the size, don't want to run out there and catch a bunch of 6-8 inches--want the 10-12 inches and higher. And approx how far out from shore is the 35/30 line?

You will be catching an honest fat 9.5 inch perch average.

So far they are calling for anywhere from 4 to 7 foot waves Tuesday and Wednesday.

So what is everyone new thinking for waves and wind on Weds and Thurs this week--does NOT look good but next weekend looks great--the water should be clear by then. Anybody seeing any Walleyese over the reef yet.?