Looking for perch! Looking for perch! Looking for perch! Looking for perch!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for perch!

I will be heading to lake erie this weekend to fish out of ssp was catching them by sputnik nad haven't seen any new info on where the perch are. Anyone help a brother out?

thanks Trollingfool

Post Thanks / Like

Smile perch western end

supknit to 2 miles east has been hot for a month now, but with this bad winds, cool temps and rain forecasted it anyones guess
    what the weekend will bring, looks like late friday or sat before we can fish again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch/smallmouth/walleye

OK, we are coming in next Weds/Thurs/Friday morning. Everybody has told me that Ruggles Beach is the best in mid Sept for Smallies with cranks or jigs, but will be staing at Put in Bay and that is long run--is there a great place around South Bass that time of year--but been told that a few miles off Cranberry Marina that they are still catching Walleyes, so maybe that is good combo---perching should be good almost anywhere next week if weather holds up--very cool evenings next 10 days, should get fish active no??

Post Thanks / Like

Default not going until sunday

as it turns out i can't go until sunday so any help would be good but the info is always valuable can't wait though!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne,
    Talked to you on this past Friday about perching spot thanks for the help
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ruggles/Huron

Fished the Ruggles, Cranberry Creek area last weekend and it was a total bust. Almost no one catching perch or walleye. Water clarity was poor, water temps in the high 70s, and while I marked a lot of fish, I could hardy even catch white bass. I would not boat from Put in Bay to Huron for that poor action. I'm sure it's better close to Kelley's.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a ton--Ruggles is supposely in a bowl where in mid Sept the bait fish come in close to shore. but good news is if you fish Kelley's they is always one side of island that is calm, but are there any perch there that time of year, or smallies. Next Weds/Thurs. Your snook fisherman in need of direction!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trollingfool View Post
    I will be heading to lake erie this weekend to fish out of ssp was catching them by sputnik nad haven't seen any new info on where the perch are. Anyone help a brother out?

thanks Trollingfool
    Look for clean water in the area the perch should be. Since the crap week long weather and muddy stained water is covering most of west end. I had a 3 boat charter today and fishing was poor. Bad weather has put a damper on the bite and I dont expect much to change till next week. No problem finding bait on friday. The reefs should clean up before the deeper water, this is normal ,but mother nature needs to kill the attitude of sending 2 big storms through the great lakes inside of a week. Central basin may be the better choice for those who trailer their boats. Thats fishing.
    Capt. Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch on Sun

I must have been really lucky this weekend went out near sputnik and we caught alot of perch but only kept a 2 man ticket! Tons of sorting though which I think is a good problem. We fished clean waters and nothing but when we went east of sputnik in the algae we started slaying them both on perch rigs and spreaders people were complaining about the minnows and we caught them on rosies, bullheads, and emeralds either live, dead or cut in half didn't seem to matter. The fish gods were smiling on us sunday must have been really good boys this week. We caught about 8 that were 10 to 12 inchers the rest were 8 and 9 inchers. Thanks for all the info this weekend too by the way.

Trollingfool

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch Sunday

I had similar success to trollinfool. Saturday was awful, fished anywhere from 17 FOW to 48 FOW out of Vermilion with no solid bite. Sunday we ran out to the west side of the sandbar and got on them pretty quick. It would turn from a slow bite to a hot double header bite quick but we got our two man limit. We caught some nice 10 - 12 inch fish and the rest were 8 - 10. Thanks for all the posts and advice on here, it definitely helped. Fish were very close to the bottom, I let the spreader sit on the bottom for 15 - 20 seconds, tightened the line and pulled up and would have fish on. Caught a few doubles that way.