Sat the 20th Sat the 20th Sat the 20th Sat the 20th
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat the 20th

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sat the 20th

Wow what a day. The best tharapy I could have is a day on the lake. My father who taught me how to fish passed away and we set him to rest on Friday. Four of us went out NW of West Sister after some perch. The bite was just steady all day with some real nice perch. They were right on the bottom. after we got our perch we put the boards in for around and hour and got 2 nice eyes and one big channel cat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry for your loss.. You dont know how much you miss them till there gone.. Lost mine 5 years ago and still consider him aboard on all my trips..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks skipper. Yes he will be missed he ran 1st mate for me on his last trip on the big pond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    Wow what a day. The best tharapy I could have is a day on the lake. My father who taught me how to fish passed away and we set him to rest on Friday. Four of us went out NW of West Sister after some perch. The bite was just steady all day with some real nice perch. They were right on the bottom. after we got our perch we put the boards in for around and hour and got 2 nice eyes and one big channel cat.
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. My father passed in 1978, he also taught me about fishing, we fished together during some of the best times and most likely during some of the worst times to date on the big lake. He taught me alot and we also learned alot of things together about lake erie walleyes. It has been along time since he passed but I still miss him and always say to myself what would Dad do when the fishing is tuff and I am having a hard time catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like

We spent may days on the lake together over the years. Many times I would catch the same amount of eyes as he did but dont remember ever out fishing him. He never liked to troll he said it was not fishing. I think my next casting day I will pull out dads spinning rod and leave my bait caster alone.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time he seen a fish finder in one of my boats he would not let me turn it on.. He said it was cheating... That was some great times..

Post Thanks / Like

Smile sorry for the lost

Sorry for the loss we went thru this last year, lost both of my fishing buddys of over 40 years, both my day and my uncle,
    the boat is very lonely this year.
    Capt. Mike and Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

lost my dad in2005 mother two he fishedwith me almost everytime i went out. no trolling for him he had a sore arm and would long line with spreaders remember him catching 2 eyes at a time 3 times in 1 day and he never drank a beer till we got our limit or started to head in and he would put a 6 pack away by the time we got back to dock

Post Thanks / Like

Default I feel your pain!!!!!

I know how it feels to lose your father, I lost my dad 4 years ago. He was my best friend,best fishing partner wind,rain,waves, if he could wet a line,he was there in a flash,no bitching about anything as long he had line in the water. That man taught me so much about fishing,yea! out fished me week in & Week out!!! Just a little story to tell you guys. years ago I might of been 8/9 years old ,dad and I were fishing for walleyes on Onterio, when a very poor old man and his grandson come over to dad and asked him if could lend him some of our worms,he was out and had no more money to buy, yet the little boy wanted to fish some more, dad gave him 3/4 of our worms to them. Then he told the little boy to walleye fish you only need 1 worm, pinch a inch of worm off put the worm on a 1/8 oz. gig, catch the first walleye keep it, cut the white belly meat into small strips and you will catch all the walleye you want. Save the worms for another day. That man and boy never forgot dad,sent him birthday cards,even some fish. I just bought a 24ft sea ray ,putting the finals on for the salmon season boat name 1 WORM

Post Thanks / Like

Awsome story pap.