Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report Walleye report

Thread: Walleye report

Default Walleye report

Started out perchin at American Eagle shoal, caught a dozen nice perch on Skipper 9's rigs. Waves layed down enough for us to make the 20 mile trip to the weather buoy for some walleye. Started fishing at 11:00 for the eyes, not the ideal time, and caught 8 nice walleye off of worm harnesses and jet 40's back 80 to 90 feet at 2.0 mph. Storm warning came out so we ran like scared rats toward Kelleys for cover. As luck would have it the storm went north and we took a beating running at full throttle for nothing. If you are looking for walleye and willing to make the run, they are there.

nice report...I would have done the same thing, better safe than sorry. Anyone have the GPS coords for the weather buoy?

Default Buoy

41.677 n 82.398 w (41°40'36" n 82°23'54" w)

Default location

If you look on the map, North East of Kelly's where the border runs a flat line East and West the buoy is at the East end where the line starts to turn back to the North.

Default Saturday walleye

Fished near middle island and caught 1. Made a big move back west of islands, and fished south of niagara reef. The drift picked up and we caught 3 or 4 there. Still good marks in the area just gotta pick at them. This area has produced for us all year, obviously more earlier on. Storm looked like it was moving in so we headed in, I think we would of got a few more.

Default Beats working.

Nice work, that’s a long run.

Thanks to skipper9's report I headed up late Friday afternoon to the 35/30 area to check it out. Found some marks right away and punched one ticket pretty quick running 3oz in line harnesses 80 back at 1.9. Unfortunately the wife had promised the babysitter we would be home before 9 so we left. Decided to go back there instead of running to the Buoy on Saturday. There seemed to be plenty of fish and I hate running in all the traffic around the bouy on the weekends.
    Saturday the bite started pretty good but we dropped the first fish at the back of the boat and messed up our mojo. We struggled to keep the grass off the lines and fished too deep. Once we raised more of the lines up the bite improved for us. We found our grove a little late as I had a picnic to go to, so once again we left feeding fish. Only 7 in the box(two dropped at the boat) but they are there.
    3oz 40-60 back worked best.

Fished the weather bouy yesterday 3 of us trolled with spoons and later in the day switched to harnesses. Caught 8 on the spoons and 6 on the harnesses. Long run from East Harbor but worth it.

my gramps, dad, and myself also fished the 35/30 line @ around 6pm after i got off work saturday. we marked a couple but nothing good. used 40 jets with spoons and harness for about 45 mins before we heard the storm warning. packed up and ran home into sandusky bay. had dinner and @ about 9pm or so we were bored and for s's and giggles decided to fish the channel in the sandusky bay. we ran the edge heading toward the coal dock in about 24 fow ran our jets shallow with harness only. nothing good but we killed some time and got to fish. today my dad gave up heading west. by west i mean not far craneberry creek and such. so we tried east shore line off kelly's in 42 fow. got 1 in the first hour off the airport. again using 40 jets spoons and harness. caught the one off a puple harness @ 2.5 speed. nothing the rest off the day.

Didn't want to run out to the bouy, thought we'd try drifting N of Kelley's, as we were staying at KI. This was yesterday. Tried our drift, out between Gull Island shoals and Middle Island, worm harnesses. Didn't work out real well. One eye cut the line. Only caught a couple sheephead and one YP. Too much grass to try trolling. Dad was too stubborn to pick up and move somewhere else.