Sandusky Bay Sandusky Bay Sandusky Bay Sandusky Bay
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0

Thread: Sandusky Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sandusky Bay

Hi All,
    Just a quick question Please. I have a small boat 15 ft and I was wanting to know about the fishing in the Bay. My boat is to small for the big lake but I love to fish, So what do you think, anything there for a beginner?

Thanks for your time.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

I know some of you would disagree! There is some average fishing in the bay. But there is some really good nearshore fishing in the lake that you could do on ligh wind days. Out of cataba plublic launch byd catch a limit of perch the can you could catch a limit lf perch right now, just out of cranberry creek (huron)you could catch a limit of perch or in the evening catch a limit of walleye. Just watch the! skys and aby sign of weather back to the dock yhou go

Post Thanks / Like

alot of time in the fall there is ok perch on clinton reef just west of catawba island or a littel north east from the portage river mouth from either place its not a far run and your back in that little cove so alot of times the water is flat as glass, also from there is public acces just outside of marble head i forget the name now, but give great acces to the peir in marble head the light house area and you can even get into the fish on the southern side of kellies many days in the fall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cranberry Creek

I would check out Cranberry Creek. I fish over there with my wife and daughter on a regular basis. There is plenty of action to keep it interesting for them and a good number of walleye scattered around to keep it interesting for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default bay

I have caught many limits of yellow perch in the bay on rough days that you can't get out on the lake. On a calm day try around marblehead light house to.

Post Thanks / Like

A little more info. on your boat would be helpful. There's a big difference between a 15 foot jon boat with a 9.9 tiller and a 15 foot deep V with a 40 horse motor.

I have seen guys fishing the big pond in small boats. Just have to pick your days and stay close. Was perchin in front of the codos from Beaver a few weeks ago and there was a guy in a 14-15 footer with a small tiller motor. Just be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

I Have a Starcraft side console with a 35 hp that runs great.