depth finders depth finders depth finders depth finders

Thread: depth finders

Default depth finders

I have a question... I have a depth finder that I use while running my boat. I just installed another finder that I can use while facing towards the rear of the boat while trolling. I have both transducers mounted next to each other. I was told that I can only use one at a time because if I use both the signals will inter react with each other. Is this true?

eyecatcher Guest

Default depth finder

Lorwance told me the same thing,mine do however work together. sometimes I get verticle black lines on the screen. my transducers are mounted on the rear of the boat and the trolling motor 18 feet apart. you may get more interferance that close together.

HAUS Guest

Default Depth Finder

Quote Originally Posted by eyecatcher View Post
    Lorwance told me the same thing,mine do however work together. sometimes I get verticle black lines on the screen. my transducers are mounted on the rear of the boat and the trolling motor 18 feet apart. you may get more interferance that close together.
    I have some some changes to make to my boat would you share the phone or web sight you got your info from .

Catabwa Paul Guest

Default Depth finder interference

I have two finders on my boat and run them at different frequencies, they work fine that way. If both of yours run at say 200khz you will get interference because both will receive the signal of the other unless they are far apart on the boat. In fact, you can receive the return signal from other boats if you are fishing close enough to them. A better situation is to have two displays and one transducer. Or as I said, run them at different frequencies. On a Lowrance, you can check the "stop chart" feature to shut off the transducer without shutting off the unit while using the other one.