Vermilion Head Boats Vermilion Head Boats Vermilion Head Boats Vermilion Head Boats
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vermilion Head Boats

Instead of running my boat east from Catawba Island, thinking of trying a head boat out east for walleye. anyone have a link or suggestions for head boats out there? i assume most of the head boats west of catawba have switched to perch

Post Thanks / Like

Smile walk on

I would suggest skipper 9 if he has any openings, we went out sunday in the rain got our boat limit in less than five hours
    walleyes ran 3 to 8lbs, all gear was supplied. he runs out of channel grove. we went 22 miles out
    and had a school of walleyes 2.5 miles long.
    Last edited by wayne johnson; 08-16-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

appreciate it wayne. i'd rather spend $30-$40 on a head boat, not do as well but cast for them. while i've read nothing but great things about him on this board, not really in a position to spend $100 to troll with 5 other strangers. no disrespect to either of you guys

Post Thanks / Like

Do you hate trolling? I understand if you do.. its just hard to put fish in the box on a regular basis in aug. casting.. I was telling guys that these two trips were just to cover costs. i was just going out to have a good time.. I have never had a problem with the walk on strangers getting along.. I think they get along better and they leave with some new fishing friends.. This weekend trips are going to be around $50 per person if anyone else is interested.. Hell I have taken many people out on this board for nothing.. Its not a money issue with me its a fishing thing.. I can name at least 15 of the people on this board that have been my guest..

Post Thanks / Like

Wow That sounds like a hell of a deal!! I have been perch fishing the last few week's. Been taking parent's up they love to fish. I would love to go out with you and learn a some new things. I fish out of East harbor and just started trolling this year. I would be glad to pay my share!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ENGINERIE View Post
    Wow That sounds like a hell of a deal!! I have been perch fishing the last few week's. Been taking parent's up they love to fish. I would love to go out with you and learn a some new things. I fish out of East harbor and just started trolling this year. I would be glad to pay my share!
    I still need two people on sunday if you want to go..

Post Thanks / Like

appreciate the offer captain, just isn't my cup of tea. although $50 is a hell of a deal to go out there and experience your program. i fish for the sense of accomplishment, and to me being handed a pole from the first mate, reeling in a 3 lb walleye drowning in the boat wake, doesn't provide me that sense of accomplishment. i've trolled for 200+ lb tuna in the atlantic before, still doesn't do it it for me. somethin about that tug of a walleye. and agreed, very tough to consistently put walleye in the boat casting in august, hence me seeking out suggestions on this board. had heard of a good casting bite near vermilion, thought i'd ask. again, no disrespect to either of you captains, actually hope to get into the industry in 6-8 years. your job is to make your clients happy, and puting fish in the boat is the best way to guarantee that

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard of a good casting bite off of vermillion. But I will tell you this that last weekend my fellow captains had one hell of a shallow bite in the! island area. It was one of the best all year.. kellys shoul, gull shoul, shallows around the islands, and on top of all the reefs. casting weight foreward spinners in to 5 to 10 foot of water was the ticket. As far as trolling on my boat my clients do it all, not just reel the fish in. they are involed in the whole process. When you leave my boat the fish you caught were earned.. I hope that shallow bite helps good luck man.. I love a good casting bite too... I may go catch a few saturday night out there.

Post Thanks / Like

wow, that is crazy shallow. maybe i'll try the reefs or my ledge south of SB. appreciate you passing the word on. glad to see you get your clients more involved. still hoping to get a few more walleye this year, but perch will do. start working the outage at Davis Besse mid september and its 72 work weeks. bye bye boating season.