fillet knifes fillet knifes fillet knifes fillet knifes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fillet knifes

Default fillet knives

Pretty much do ours like FishOn205. I love that zipper trick with the walleye fillets. No bones, ever.

We slab off our walleyes with an electric knife. Take out the cheeks. Knock out rib bones with electric. Use the Rapala to skin. Perch go to the commercial cleaners. I'm getting too old to hunch over that table doing a bucket of yellows.

My Dad taught me to fillet 30+ years ago with a 6" wooden handle rapala. never forgot it...just got home from ice fishing in Nebraska....my older twin brothers, my Dad and I HANDED it to 4 each 5-gallon buckets full of blue gill and crappie. That's when it began...Dad said no more sledding until the fish were cleaned. I graduated to an electric rapala knife (20 years later), not expensive at all, and can fly through walleye like no tomorrow. Come back near the gill, get to the spine, turn the knife toward the tail and let her go ALMOST to the end. Stop just before the tail (about 1/8"), use the knife blade to 'flop' the fillet over (away from fish head) and skin it right out. Hand the skinned fillet to my brother for the rib-out taking, take a sip of a frothy beverage, and hit the other side. LOVE the electric and now I clean fish for my Dad. Full circle baby! Tight lines fellas, love the chatter!