middle island???? middle island???? middle island???? middle island????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default middle island????

anyone been working that area for eyes in the last couple of days? we were trying to decide on making the 45 min drive and the 30 min boat ride out there tommoro depending on the weather. i haven't seen any reports lately on the fishing out there. any advise would be helpful!

thanks!

Default midddle island

caught 6 there sat. in short time just south of island but got there to late and they shut down after an hour of fishing. was useing 40 tru jets 60-65 back with stingers and gold harnesses. best color jeager bomb. there is still weeds in the area thought you have to fight through it. seen other nets going down as well.

I'll be up this weekend. Think I'm gonna give that area a try on Friday. Karma what time did you get out there? Is the bite an early morning bite?

Default bite

it was my second stop and didnt get there till about 10 a.m. at 11 they just shut down. plus 5 other boats that must of had binocs were right in there after we had are nets going.its a shame to because we kept getting cut off by other boats and we were the only ones there untill we sarted catching fish. we stayed away from the pack for a reason. it sure is a big lake to have people up your a@@ and cut you off, they should be ashamed. give me a call if you are up sun. or mon. around the islands.

Karma we are fishing Friday thru Sunday. Would like to try east around Cranberry/Lorain one day. Never been east of Kelleys and have read good reports out that way lately.

Blog Entries

Tried the same area Saturday moring took one fish then nothing. Moved East of MBI and NBI on the line and pulled a ticket the grass was bad.

Blog Entries

Default 7-29,30,31

Last weekend grass and sheep was north, but was with the big "Skip 9" on sunday way east (42 in 5.5hrs). May go that route this coming weekend. Cant wait, I finally have a few friends that believe after seeing pics from Capt. Jim. Will try late Friday as of now, but will stay around Kelleys. Saturday may make a run. Fish Tales, and Karma, Skipper (42)9.... Will be listening on 69 n 79, I will have no binocs....ha ha, so call.
    Fish on- looks like the oven maybe turned down on Saturday- Somthin Fishy

Cool

decide to make the run early yesterday. we were fishing by 7:30 and it was game on. we put 6 in the box in the first 15 min and then it went dead as all the boats showed up. about 11 or so we started picking at them and were done by 11:30 with 12 nice fish. it was tuff for alot of people. there were 400 or so boats and i think i saw a dozen or so nets other than us. the people out there were unbealivable. the charcters included ran right in on the place full tillit and then sat down, and i guess people were unable to find there own fish out there because every time we would pick one within min we would have charters run in to 30 yards of us and trollers sworm us. WOW is all i can say.

it was odd because when i came around the side of kellys the wind was dead and the lake was laying down on the way out. i had my walleye tournament boat opened up to about 35 and all the sudden we hit theses rollers about a dozen or so and we went air born!!!!!!!!! i mean with the sun we couldn't see them coming at us. i sceamed thats for sure lol. but the whole side of kellys was like that and once i got passed it i was fine. so watch out if you go.

NellyBoy2...were you east towards cranberry or did you try the islands? trying to decide if I'm coming up this weekend. Not sure 4 hour trip is worth it in the heat and packs of boats. Thanks.

Nelliboy I'm here now and trying to dexide wether to try middle island in the morning or trailer down east. Did you fish middle island yesterday or were you east?