Best electric fillet knife? Steelhead? Best electric fillet knife? Steelhead? Best electric fillet knife? Steelhead? Best electric fillet knife? Steelhead?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Best electric fillet knife? Steelhead?

Does anyone have a favorite electric knife to recommend? I purchased a Rapala and the motor gave out, so I bought a Mister Twister and it isn't holding up either. Maybe it's the nature of the beast but I thought I would ask the board.

I am also interested in trying the Steelhead fishing if anyone has a link or information on when and where and how on lake Erie I would appreciate your help.

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

go to walmart and buy a hamiton beach i have used them for years they work awesome and theyre like 20 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a mister twister...been using it for years. I've found (through trial and error) if I let the knife do the work and me not 'push' it through the fish, the outcome is great! I had a rapala too...not a very good product.

Post Thanks / Like

Default steelhead

to help you with your questions,steelhead fishing is in high gear right now in lake erie from erieau to wheatley, ontario side of the lake.use dipsys and down riggers with spoons.for the knife,I use the rapala.only on perch.hope this helps,dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default steelhead

Quote Originally Posted by dmarent1 View Post
    to help you with your questions,steelhead fishing is in high gear right now in lake erie from erieau to wheatley, ontario side of the lake.use dipsys and down riggers with spoons.for the knife,I use the rapala.only on perch.hope this helps,dave
    Thanks for the info Dave. Is there any good steelhead fishing on the US side?

Post Thanks / Like

We picked up a few NE of the weather buoy along the canadian border also heard of a few caught along the border on the 14 line.. We caught ours a a michigan stinger with any kind of orange on it.. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I try to get my knifes at meijers when they are on sale around thanksgiving. usually $10 ( I buy a few at a time) just like the mister twister. don't remember the brand.
    as far as bullets, try the 38/10 to the 40/20 lines out from lorain. orange ladder back spoons have been our best over the years. everyday is a different "hot" application. sometimes 10 colors of leadcore, dipsy's, jets and 15ft back off the down riggers. once you find them, stay on them as they move everyday a mile or two on average. example:

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies. I guess as far as the knife goes it seems like none of them will really last so I should just buy them on sale and keep a backup, not a bad plan.

Thanks for the info on the Steelhead too! I have never caught one but they look like a blast and probably pretty tasty too. Ebijack, that picture really makes me want to head to Lorain. As far as spoons, do you guys use the scorpion size or larger? Also, do they run different depths like walleye or are they more predictable?

Post Thanks / Like

we use the larger spoons. silver/orange ladder back. we catch big walleye mixed in with the bullets. you have to cover the depths just like walleye. this was our biggest. don't remember the weight.

this is around the average size. my wife and our buddies fish cleaning dog casey. sorry to say last year was casey's last trip of her life.