Drift Casting Walleye - 7/14/11 Drift Casting Walleye - 7/14/11 Drift Casting Walleye - 7/14/11 Drift Casting Walleye - 7/14/11

Default Drift Casting Walleye - 7/14/11

My son and I started drifting and casting just North of West Sister and picked up (5) keeper eyes and several 11" - 14" fish last night. Keepers ranged from 16" - 23". Most of the fish caught were on purple/gold bladed weapons with purple beads. Tried all different counts on the swing but almost all fish were caught just dragging behind the boat - good drift last night with the Northeast wind. Also drifted around B-can but did not pick up one walleye in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by One Sock View Post
    My son and I started drifting and casting just North of West Sister and picked up (5) keeper eyes and several 11" - 14" fish last night. Keepers ranged from 16" - 23". Most of the fish caught were on purple/gold bladed weapons with purple beads. Tried all different counts on the swing but almost all fish were caught just dragging behind the boat - good drift last night with the Northeast wind. Also drifted around B-can but did not pick up one walleye in that area.
    we did the same 2 guys 5 eyes on purple and gold it was slow. a dozen sheaphead 6 hours of fishing north of westsister.tough day with 2-4s out of neast.30 ft of water played the swing all day then got them just dragging bottom. screen was full of fish they are there just couldnt get them going