What am I missing? talk me off the ledge What am I missing? talk me off the ledge What am I missing? talk me off the ledge What am I missing? talk me off the ledge
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What am I missing? talk me off the ledge

Hey guys , I'm getting a little frazzled here . Only 12 fish in the boat. I troll spoons off dipsies. Got a wide range of colors . I come out of marblehead so I've been fishing gull and jellys shoals , middle island north west off north bass in between kellys and lakeside ( the firing range is just too far) I know guys are catching in these areas. What am I missing? I run a21ft boat with 2 bags and can get down to .8 mph (gps) I have tried running.8 to 2.2. I can catch some sheep head just fine . I mark what seems to be eyes. Just can't seem to hook up.thus year . Anyone got any thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default dont fret it

its been a tough year, but one thing you might want to try is going faster, on days when i know there r eyes there and only catching sheephead i troll as fast as 3.1 sometimes my best speed this year as of late has been 2.4-2.9
    it will get better!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default trolling bible

Do you have the trolling bibles and are you working the right depths? You didn't mention anything about depth in your post. Two things to check. Check that your line counters on your trolling reels are accurate. that could cause you to be fishing at the wrong depth. Also make sure that you have the correct charts for your dipsey's. I always have one side of the boat slightly above the depth I am marking fish and the other side above that depth by 4'. Whichever catches fish I adjust to up or down. I stop catching fish and I try adjusting the depth again. Fish move and adjust, you have to as well.

Post Thanks / Like

As far as depth...my liner counters are accurate up til about 250 back then they start to vary..trolling bible yepp got that . And normally I run my rigs above the fish on one side similar too what you said. I'm thinking speed might be something. Last year I had a paddlewheel. It broke now I'm using gps for my speed. I'm also wondering if the horrible spring we had means I should skip the slow troll go right to summer fishing tech and spots

Post Thanks / Like

Well new to the forum but been fishing the western basin for years. This week was different. Have been running spoons for the last month but this week they wanted a worm harness. 7 ft leader 40 jets 65 back. We caught some on spoons but the harness was the trick. Fished b can the last 3 days and did wonder full. Very ruff today and less fish could not troll say one boat broke off his big board. Well good fishing

Post Thanks / Like

you might wanna try trollin worm harnesses on the days that the stick or plastics aint workin. i know last weekend wen the "little ripper" bite was on over by crane creek, we marked a ton of fish but they just wouldnt bite with the "hot" colors. so we switched up to worm harnesses and it worked out for us. i mean we didnt hammer em by any means but we picked up fish with worms that wouldnt bite on stick baits or spoons. hope this helps