Walleye? Walleye? Walleye? Walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Walleye?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Walleye?

My family has been having trouble catching walleye since our first trip up three years ago. any tips for getting a limit on summer eyes?

Post Thanks / Like

I can give you my two cents worth of advise only if you troll. This time of the year most trollers use nite craller harnesses. Try to troll at a depth of 15 to 20 ft. You may not mark fish at this depth because they usually scatter. It has been an unusual year and the bite is strande. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

alot depends on when/where/how your fishing. more info from you and you should get plenty of help. right now the fish have moved to lorain and east of there. if you fish canadian waters, pelee island is still giving up lots of walleye and perch. the western basin still has plenty of walleye and perch around. has been an odd year, but once you find them they are catchable. trolling for walleye and perch rigs for perch. taking a charter that trolls or casts which ever you do, will really up your learning curve.

Post Thanks / Like

Been banging them pretty good on Rattle-tots and Kabooms and Killer B's trolling from 2.0 up to 3.0mph
    Last edited by kodiak50; 07-15-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

we usually fish around niagra and crib reefs. in the past year we had success but this year it has been difficult to find them. we usually drift when the wind cooperates. what would be a great speed to troll at for walleye and the best depth choice. also what would be better to troll, crawler harnesses, crank baits, or spoons. and what colors. thanks for the help given so far.

minnow of mobjack Guest

Default Going out Saturday from Port Clinton.

Have to decide wether to head toward West Sister, Pelee (do have Candanian licenses)or North East of Kelly's by the Lorain Weather Buoy. Any suggestions appreciated to save ttravel distance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default western end walleyes

the best report I got last night was between A and B can,
    closer To b can cast 1/2 oz weight with No. 5 gold blades,
    mayfly style, limit catches, 10 count to 16 count,

Capt. Mike and Wayne Reel Sport Charters