Its only money Its only money Its only money Its only money
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Its only money

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its only money

I never got to fish in April and May because of rain and mud and had decided to wait til next year for Erie. Last week I started to read the reports again and got the fever. My daughter and I Left Ky at 12:00 midnight friday and pulled into wildwings about 5:30 am sat. When we got on the lake and saw the waves we decided to stay in close so we set up drift on turtle reef. Within two minutes my daughter landed a nice size catfish and then a sheephead. I had a hawg on but never got it up to see what it was. Broke line. No walleye just sheephead after sheephead. drifted onto locust and moved back up wind getting soaked over every wave. I watched plenty of charter boats go by heading to the channel and almost wanted to follow but knew my 18ft bayliner could'nt handle the trip. Saw whitecaps and started getting sick and figured it was time to go. My daughter called the trip one of our great adventures and I have to say it was still fun to be back on Erie. I'll get'm next year.

onetrack

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame you didn't stay for the afternoon. The waves layed down to 1 to 2 footers. But as long as your daughter enjoyed the trip it was time well spent! Life goes by too fast.

Post Thanks / Like

keep in mind next time you can't do the big lake, fish the harbors and docks for croppie and bass...Memorial Day weekend, we did not go out..Fished Midway Marina and just lit up the croppies and got 4 bass...wife read a book!