Crane Creek area? Crane Creek area? Crane Creek area? Crane Creek area?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Crane Creek area?

The happyhookerbaitandtackel site fishing report said :

Fishing was tough yesterday where the fish were it was to rough 4+ footers out north of west sister. This forced smaller boats to fish crane creek and Niagara D-can area. They mostly picked at them.

Anybody on this site been fishing around crane creek? If so how did you do? Just wondering if fish are there yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crane creek

heard a report of 18 today 15 to 17 ft. water, trollng. small
    fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thanks Wayne

Thanks, This is the first I have heard of fish being caught there this year. Maybe some bigger fish will move in soon. I hope so, but if you are going out of turtle creek and don't want to go far it makes it nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there yesterday morning. One charter boat worked the area for 2 hours while we were there and I only saw the net go down once. We caught an 18 incher in the first 15 minutes then nothing. We didn't see hardly any fish on the finder. We worked from 19 up to 15 fow trolling.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile crane creek

the report I got was very good, 7 guys 18 walleyes all around
    18 inches long, between 12 and 3 pm., 15 water off the beach,
    after 3 pm winds changed and fish fish shut off.

Post Thanks / Like

Loiking forward to the Crane Creek bite this year. Slayed em there laat year the laat weekend of July pulling cranks. Caught 80 in three days. Hope it happens again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Slayed em there last year

I Slayed em there last year too. They really liked rippers and Wally divers, but caught some on hot n tots and j7s as well. I cant help but think it will happen again this year. I know how good I did there last year when the bite was on. Thats why I asked about that area,I dont want to miss it when it happens this year! And if you go out of turtle creek you dont have far to go.
    With gas the price it is that makes it better yet.

Post Thanks / Like

That area is always hit and miss this time of year for me, they are there one day and gone the next, it usually happens a little later when the water temps. get into the upper 70's and may be a little later still this year as the water temps cannot get stabilized with all these crazy winds and cold fronts coming thru every other day. My logs say mid to late July and into late August are the prime times for me. With little rippers in purples as the best bait and color for my boat. It used to happen inside danger zone one and the fish are probably still there but that area is always off limits now, sure would like to be able to fish that area again as it was almost always a sure bet in the 70's and early 80's with hot-n-tots and wiggle warts the baits of choice then.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-28-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Afghanistan ?

Happy Hooker Capt. Daves fishing report said:

Be sure to keep an eye on Crane Creek area, perfect time for those walleye's to sneak back in there for that Reef Runner deep little ripper bite this weekend. We also heard the fish are not biting in Afghanistan this week, will let you know when it happens.

Can anybody tell me, where is Afghanistan?? I have no idea what he is talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Crazy View Post
    Happy Hooker Capt. Daves fishing report said:

Be sure to keep an eye on Crane Creek area, perfect time for those walleye's to sneak back in there for that Reef Runner deep little ripper bite this weekend. We also heard the fish are not biting in Afghanistan this week, will let you know when it happens.

Can anybody tell me, where is Afghanistan?? I have no idea what he is talking about.
    The old timers at Turtle Creek have fishing records and say the walleye always return close to Crane Creek around the 4th of July weekend. There has to be a hatch or something to attract them but I have know idea as to what it is.