Windy Windy Windy Windy
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Windy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Windy

went to the boat this mornin tryin to get out for some fish. took a look at the water and turned around and came home. 2-4 when we got there and about 3-5 when we left. and the occasional 6's. alot of guys in bigger boats than ours around the 27 foot mark going out to the channel and turnin around. supposed to lay down this after noon but we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey buddy did u make it out this afternoon? see perfect time for you to take out the big girl!!! no excuses now buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deadliest Catch

Left Fenwick at 7:30AM.Got to fuel dock and saw whitecaps.Should have turned around but didn't.Big mistake.Ran out to Niagera and had 6 ft. rollers crashing over the side and bow of my 29 ft. Rinker.Decided to seek shelter at West Sister and made the run from Niagera to West Sister straight into 6-7 footers.It remimded me of the show Deadliest Catch.I had waves crashing over the bow and water running the lenght of my boat.Finally got some relief at West Sister and after a brief rest went around to the NW side of the island and was supprised to see a pack of boats.Fished there all day and caught no walleyes and around 50 sheepshead.It finally laid down and we made a quick run back to Flat Rock Reef but struck out there also.What an adventure.

Post Thanks / Like

Default dream catcher

no way man there was guys goin out to the mouth of the channel and turnin around in 27's. not to mention two of the guys we had with us were pretty well sketched out wen they seen the water so we just called it a day.

waterdog Guest

Default ~beating with big waves

I can stand 1-3, but 2-4's or 4-6's no way.
    those waves really knock the crap out of you!
    If someone gets sick on my boat I just hose out the puk, gota lov those self draining boats!